retour

This is what living while Black in America means

The clothes you wear out, whether or not to go for a run, where to travel, how to behave in public... Living while Black in America means second-guessing small, everyday decisions.

22/06/2020 16:35

49 commentaires

• Brenda J.
    17/08/2020 20:01

Did we ever leave the dark ages!

• Arlene G.
    10/08/2020 00:27

Wow. This is so true it hurts. The only thing I've learned about small boutiques is I go in and touch everything. I lead security all around the store. Then, I walk out without buying anything. I've been in large department stores in New York where security was so intent on watching me that they didn't notice the white people around me shoplifting.

• Charlie C.
    05/08/2020 13:59

Every one of us should keep ID on themselves! And do what you are told to do, from cops only!

• Carol B.
    30/07/2020 05:28

I’m so sorry.

• Ann V.
    18/07/2020 18:37

Incredible! How is that possible in this day and age... It makes me furious! We are all PEOPLE, no matter what color!

• Craig N.
    18/07/2020 16:32

Boo hoo, muthafucker, they'll kill me cause I'm white, anywhere USA...

• Karim A.
    18/07/2020 15:24

It's all because the common corruption culture between black folks, before you deduce in subconscious way that I am racist to say that, blaming the black community for not exploiting the chances of being in u.s. (which is dream for millions )to develop and getting rid of father issues, drug issues, gang issues...etc must be the dominant common propaganda instead of easily saying" oh, because I am black". Race will always be considered in conscious or subconscious way and must be confronted but not in this way, thanks .

• Harun K.
    18/07/2020 09:16

Waaaah! Let me stay back at home.my sweet home Kenya No worries!

• Gill S.
    18/07/2020 00:01

Bloody ridiculous! Thank God I live in Scotland! It's not so bad! 😠

• Meski G.
    17/07/2020 04:53

In AmeriKKKa, there is over 400 years of DOCUMENTED Torture, Rape, Murder, Genocide, Violence, TERRORISM committed by Europeans... Yet Blacks are labelled as having violent tendencies⁉️😡

• June H.
    16/07/2020 10:17

Where I live you can get fined from the age of 14 if you can’t identify yourself. Driver’s license or id card. Better have it on you...👍🏼 And keep your distance as a man walking behind any woman, regardless of colour.

• Keith P.
    16/07/2020 09:25

One comment though ... surely any man walking behind a woman at night would keep their distance!

• Kinyadda B.
    16/07/2020 06:21

It's a reality

• Irv L.
    16/07/2020 01:59

Been there, got the tee shirt.!!

• Alex P.
    16/07/2020 00:54

After having a black president they still have those bullshits to live with??

• Yanys S.
    15/07/2020 22:56

Yeaa guys, yea... but... yaaaa'll remember that you guys voted the guy who brought you all here... In a country like mine you might think that these ppls are exagerating... but in 🇺🇸 today... nothing isn't exagerated anymore...

• Kastrati B.
    15/07/2020 22:08

That's not a free courtesy, that's a fear country. Unbelievable! Unacceptable. People shouldn't be afraid how to live their lives because of their skin tone.

• Dee D.
    13/07/2020 07:47

This is so very sad. I wish it wasn't so hard to people of color, just to live their lives normally. I dislike the state of Florida, because of how I saw white people treat people of color down there. Being from up north and a military dependent I was shocked by what I saw. To me there was no reason to intimidate anyone because of their skin color. I was not raised like that, to try and hurt another human being. I hope for the day that each human being can feel safe to walk on any street in this planet.

• Bill L.
    09/07/2020 23:51

NO ONE in this country should feel this way!! WE are ALL Americans!! NOT A RACE!!!!! We are Americans! THAT is our race!

Inscrivez-vous gratuitement à myBrut, la newsletter de Brut.

Inscrivez-vous gratuitement à myBrut, la newsletter de Brut.

En continuant, vous acceptez de recevoir des e-mails de Brut.