• Na I.
    10/13/2019 02:49

Islamic burial uses no coffin and no cremation. The body is wrapped in a plain, white cloth and placed into the ground. And only a simple headstone or marker, no monuments/mausoleums allowed.

• Stewart G.
    10/10/2019 02:59

Best idea yet for me came from a young man in Barcelona. Place the ashes of a loved one in a compostable urn with the seeds of a favorite tree. Bury it. Watch it grow. That's what I'm doing.

• Peter R.
    10/09/2019 16:13

In Berlin, a plain pine box, no embalming, 17 years later dust to dust and the cemetery plot becomes free.

• Brut
    10/09/2019 15:43

Check out Brut's new YouTube channel for new docs every Friday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkwA8nPMW8U

• Laura G.
    10/09/2019 14:06

Marifer Atziry

• Zarrar Z.
    09/10/2019 07:24

The dead don't bother what happens to them !! It is headache for those want to get rid of it lest it starts to rot !! That is the ugly truth !!

• Laura M.
    08/18/2019 11:11

Unless you are lucky enough to own a bit of land (a field, not just a garden) it's a LOT more expensive to have a natural burial rather than being directly cremated. You have to pay for the plot, which is around £1,400, then the burial, another £1k or so. I hope they come up with a more environmentally friendly option which doesn't exclude those on a limited budget (this is in the UK, dunno about other places). There are advice pages for those that want to bypass the funeral director route, as they charge a lot for many things you can do yourself with a bit of research.

• Kathleen C.
    08/17/2019 19:37

I have always thought we should have alternative materials for coffins. Especially cremations where you have just purchased an expensive coffin only to for it to be burned to a cinder. If I am wrong regarding cremation somebody please let me know.

• Lori G.
    08/17/2019 19:02

I just want to be wrapped in a blanket and hurried in a forest.

• Revned Z.
    08/17/2019 18:24

Check how muslims bury their dead.

• Ramirez J.
    08/17/2019 18:17

Lol just have your family put you in a hole under a tree

• Waltraud W.
    08/17/2019 17:27

Always fancied a sky burial myself.however not possible in Europe.

• Laurie F.
    08/17/2019 16:22

I want a funeral pire but unfortunately it’s illegal

• Yesi M.
    03/06/2019 02:30

instead of manufacturing degradable coffins which needs more electricity/energy and materials. Why don't you follow the Islamic way to treat the dead ones, cover the body and burry in the ground, so the worm and other microorganisms can take the benefits. it's more simple

• Søren H.
    03/05/2019 09:56

You forgot dryfreezing: http://www.promessa.se

• Muhammad A.
    03/05/2019 06:17

Wait, why should coffin matters? I mean, can't you just bury the body without using chemicals from ake-ups and coffins? You don't even need tombstones. It saves money, time, and the environment. Well, I respect others' traditions.

• Ron R.
    03/05/2019 02:26

WHAT DO YA THINK

• Ron A.
    03/04/2019 19:06

Natalie Claire lol

• Mohamed F.
    03/04/2019 18:35

Or just embrace the soil like muslims do , no coffin no co2 .

• Brittany V.