Supreme Court federal law bans LGBTQ+ employment discrimination

The Supreme Court just ruled that LGBTQ+ workers are protected from job discrimination by the Civil Rights Act. Monica, a Florida teacher who was fired for being gay, is one of the many activists who fought to be protected in the workplace...

06/15/2020 10:59 PM

• Sweetangel M.
    7 days

relates to social justice concerns of my close friend Vesper Villalon Gamboa in his sufferings of the same nature of prejudice that with so much time he was oppressed due to being diswoned by his own family for many years now: no one supported him financially for ten years now causing him to not be employed that he now is so behind socio-economically as compared to people same his age, esp. he's also disabled, a bisexual with a disability, thus, more layers of social barriers burdening his prosperity, well-being and socio-economic growth—which I hope improves in a way that lets him catch achievements comparable to folks same his age and even beyond. I can't help him financially at present due to my own economic distress I hope all social barriers burdening Vesper from growing socio-economically and attaining independence, well-being and achievement; I know well he has so much purpose May he be able to continue finishing his studies on culture (Bachelor of Science in Sociology) after from 2013 he aas unable to continue his college education due to poverty and attain his dream of entering Law School to be a lawyer for person's with disabilities and LGBT's, especially due to learning from his decade of all heavy problems until now: he is good at giving counsel and advice to his friends (including me) who have problems despite him being under poverty now—which financial dillema I hope he can escape from and attain well-being and financial easy at last afterbdecade of poverty from prejudice not only due to his bisexual gender orrientation but disability as well, thus, double the social barriers to his growth than just an lgbt nor a PWD And currently my friend Vesper Gamboa has a boyfriend, John David, whom he started giving advice to due to the person no one else to tell his struggles to and they became officially in a long-distance relationship but, though his guy accepts him for who he is: my friend just self-pities because he always compares himself being under poverty while his boyfriend has income of 2½× of minimum-wage standard. I hope my friend Vesper would have means to become more blessing to his partner's life and that he as well have some effective breakfhrough to earn the same amount as his partner, even more (I know well his humanist interests he says often) He always cry at the thought of self-pitying and not tell his boyfriend Even if his boyfriend earns that much: my friend is in fact far more superior intellectually He was always just suffering social injustice to his income, employment/occupation and socio-economic status due to social barriers caused both by his gender orrientation and disability, as well as the financial burden of being disowned by his family and relatives But intellectually, he is very capable and very talented My poor friend just need his break; it would be a waste if his potentials won't be discovered or utilized, including his talents. He os very much multi-field knowledgeable due to his wild reading instead of doing nothing about his situation he's stuck in, in fact in every area of life he has broad, respectable and competent; my friend's just unappreciated and underrated on his intellectual superiority due to social barriers caused by his disability and gender sorry for the too long comment, just am so affected with all his struggles he talks me with and seeing the wasting of his potentials I hope Vesper Villalon Gamboa's life gets better despite... and more open-minded people who can help him attain well-being would come to his life, be able to get back to college and enter Law School after that to become a PWD and LGBTQ advocate lawyer someday.

• Txan A.
    06/17/2020 07:01

🤮

• Emmanuel D.
    06/16/2020 19:56

something can change but it depends

• Francis M.
    06/16/2020 16:58

👍⚖️🇺🇸

• Obyno N.
    06/16/2020 15:54

LGBTQ+ is never the problem which we are having in this world. If people can re-allocate the amount of time dedicated in spreading hate about them instead of channeling it to fight against the social , political and religious injustice we found ourselves in this world for instance the police brutality against the blacks in the United States, I believe this world will be a haven.

• Rupi R.
    06/16/2020 15:01

Ignorance and prejudice unfortunately seem to go hand in hand with religion.

• John W.
    06/16/2020 07:42

When I see her from outside she looks beautiful but when I go deep she is USELESS🤣🤣🤣

• Abdullah A.
    06/16/2020 07:38

Jovial

• Niwde O.
    06/16/2020 06:47

I am gay but society , my students, others are ok with that.

• Chris A.
    06/16/2020 06:40

Keep gayness out of the schools and leave it home. Children should not learn that

• Vijay N.
    06/16/2020 04:33

The black police officer is bending the man's neck with his knees, but the other people standing there, instead of protesting against the harassment, were rejoicing, and were making videos of the torture. Sadly, the dual-minded educated agitators at that time did not oppose this harsh incident, nor did they protest for justice. But at this time, plunder is being done in the name of justice and efforts are being made to destroy public property in the name of justice. ..... I want to ask all of you, does the idea of ​​getting justice come to the mind of people only on the torture given by a white police officer?.... Or are gimmicks going on in every country of the world for rioting and looting? Seeing this reality, does anyone now have the ability to agitate? On the one hand, movements are being organized in America and every country of the world by calling a police officer a murderer. On the other hand, seeing such killers is also silent. There is no movement due to the death of that man, riots are being done in the name of movement to divert attention from the truth. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1606884852795211&id=276157035868006

• Mar T.
    06/16/2020 03:51

I wonder if people really understand the implications of the court’s reasoning. It wasn’t about gay rights. It was about taking a strict textual approach. Down the line, this type of analysis will not help us.

• Kelly T.
    06/16/2020 03:38

Really?!? Why is their business so important to you all?

• Bobby B.
    06/16/2020 02:48

They shouldn't let them in the work place to begin with. It's evil

• Marina K.
    06/16/2020 01:44

WHAT AN IDIOT. YOU WERE LUCKY YOU WERE NOT A MUSLIM WORKING IN A MUSLIM SCHOOL. YOU WOULD BE SENTENCED TO DEATH. GO GET A LIFE ...

• Michelle J.
    06/15/2020 23:11

Bet Trumps not happy about that lol

• Sara C.
    06/15/2020 23:09

• Melvin S.
    06/15/2020 23:08

i bet i can get to vo back to men