Taraji P. Henson Talks Mental Health and Civil Rights

Taraji P. Henson is taking a stand for civil rights. She doesn't just play an activist tackling taboos in her newest film — in real life, she's challenging mental illness stigmas.

04/05/2019 12:01 PMupdated: 06/11/2019 2:40 PM
  • 60.3k

• زندگی ج.
    04/03/2019 10:31

• Mandy Z.
    04/03/2019 10:53

Coming from a christian background, i never believed in Spiritualists or ever imagined that i would get the help of a traditional healer/sangoma. Having been employed for 6 years in the same position, training new comers that join the company, get promoted and am still stuck in the same position no matter how hard i worked or applications i place in every time there was an opportunity, this got me so stressed.At home it was not any different, my relationship was sour, we had tried for 3 years to conceive but in vain. I visited so many hospitals, used various herbs but still never conceived and husband was seeking a separation because of the family pressure,one day on social media my long time friend living in DURBAN got in touch with me,a few days later i opened up to her about what was happening in my life,she advised me to try this powerful traditional healer that had helped sometime back,i hesitated at first because i did not like the idea of going to a traditional healer,i thought for a while about contacting this person, then decided to give it a try, so i called Her, the traditional healer on +27673785858, lucky for me she was available to see me and she was in the same country.Long story short,she helped me a lot,i got a much better job in the company i had long wanted to work in,with a very good pay, my husband paid lobola at home, our wedding is this year and i am soon setting up my first side big business(Beauty Shop) anywhere i want. I must say my perception was totally wrong, if you need help too don't wait till its too late contact Dr shamina on +27673785858 WhatApp.

• Ikahn E.
    04/03/2019 12:04

I Don't have the luxury of having issues. And because I don't, I'm a unicorn.

• Sonny W.
    04/03/2019 12:38

🔖 Bookmarked.

• Richard E.
    04/03/2019 13:05

CRAZY ABOUT YOU LOVE THAT DRESS. My cure was prayer that personal relationship GOD and JESUS . Maybe was my destiny. have you ever been over a friends house to eat and the food just aint no good . i mean the macaroni soggy the peas all mushed , okay i say that to all the girls

• Sylvan M.
    04/03/2019 13:11

She is awesome and wonderful actress! God bless

• Richard E.
    04/03/2019 13:26

funny for 10 yrs i was mentally ill . I was profetic i never seen anybody worse than me . PRAYEDuntil one day one yr..... illnes gone. okay fine many yrs then have a stroke now profetic physical illness and i the worst can be. wow love that dress on you.

• Richard E.
    04/03/2019 14:30

i dont watch tv only online movies youtube. or vevo. comercials and tv crap definately causational in driving me nuts.. Those things that irritate deleat find peace and joy in prayer praise and worship. dont be noo hater.

• Tireese W.
    04/03/2019 15:12

its real!!

• Angelo M.
    04/03/2019 15:22

As Im getting older I find women that have compassion as such verrrry attractive not just for their body like before.. Idk ...just sharing She's awesome ♥️

• Kim K.
    04/03/2019 15:41

Tks for Spot Lighting this issue.

• Mary O.
    04/03/2019 16:49

ty for sharing such a powerful truth...it is so important to have a safe place to share our burdens and work thru them🤗🍀🍀

• Tracy S.
    04/05/2019 12:54

Thank you Miss Henson, our people need to hear that. God bless you. 👍😊💗

• Richard E.
    04/05/2019 18:53

what i really hate is why if your mentally ill it illegal for gun ownership. Thats just pure silly.

• Richard E.
    04/05/2019 19:37

Denzel Washington , movie . The Fallen , some things you werent ment to know.. I got time on my side.

• Brut
    04/05/2019 20:27

Hip hop artist Kid Cudi is also a mental health advocate:

• Didine D.
    04/06/2019 10:46

WOW!!! She's really amazing!!! Excellent issue to tackle.

• Yernar S.
    04/06/2019 18:09

What a stylish dude)

• Art P.
    04/09/2019 02:59

Loved this movie so much

• Peter J.
    04/09/2019 17:34

You were on a show with a fraud.