The “worst disaster in history”
From 1944 to 2020, natural disasters have intensified. Here's how.
The worst natural disasters in history
Fires, heat waves, tornadoes, droughts, hurricanes, floods … here is a non-exhaustive timeline of natural disasters in recent decades.
- The fires of 2019 in Australia
- The heat wave of summer 2019 in Belgium
- The 2019 tornado in Alabama
- The 2019 drought in Chile Hurricane Dorian of 2019 in the Bahamas
- 2018 Hurricane Maria in the United States The floods of 2018 in the Aude
- 2018 Hurricane Michael in the United States *Hurricane Harvey of 2017 in the United States
- The 2012 floods in the Alpes-Maritimes and the Var
- 2012 Hurricane Sandy in the United States
- The 2012 droughts in the Midlands and Anglia, England
- The 2011 Thailand floods
- The 2010 floods in Britain
- The fires of 2007 in Greece
- The 2007 floods in France
- 2005 Hurricane Katrina in the United States
And even more
Saving New York City’s coasts — with oysters
There’s same-day delivery. Then there’s shipping by sailboat.
Why this climate scientist could relate to "Don't Look Up"
TikToker shares her life from the South Pole
Not just aNYbag: Transforming New York's trash into tote bags
How climate change is driving polar bears to extinction