Viola Davis Against Gender & Race Inequalities

Viola Davis is done waiting on the sidelines — she's speaking up about race and gender inequality of pay. #WomensHistoryMonth

03/13/2019 12:58 PMupdated: 08/07/2020 1:29 PM

• James W.
    08/20/2020 02:49

Maybe your Ancestors should have stayed in Africa , Oh thats right , if not for slavery none of your ancestors would have survived the slaighter and genocide other African Tribes were doung to your Ancestors Tribes , So when those tribes decided to sell your ancestors instead of continuing to slaughter them , that was A Gift of Life from God , for your ancestors to live and reproduce , without slavery none of you would exist ..... To get equal pay you need to work equally as hard , but you just want give me , give me , I am black ....

• Mira B.
    08/17/2020 01:57

She isn’t saying she’s Meryl Streep

• Mira B.
    08/17/2020 01:52

Bravo, ladies, for speaking up!!

• Linda T.
    08/15/2020 07:31

Oprah wasnt on that list?

• Tom K.
    08/14/2020 22:09

Viola you’re GREAT but you’re not Meryl Streep yet. Yes, you’re getting paid less but so did she. It’s not fair, women should be paid as much as men and they don’t. But let’s be clear you’re not where Meryl is 👍👍👍

• Peggy S.
    08/14/2020 19:48

True.... but they are even discriminated more than white women.... discrimination against sex and also discrimination against colors with in the sex just like it is in the men’s world no different....

• Ahmad K.
    08/14/2020 09:29

Colour matters in this world Mrs !

• Kerris M.
    08/14/2020 07:32

Get more movie deals. Maybe a TV series job. Look for the work and bend yourself to get them better paying parts. Do the worrrrrrkkkk. Maybe change your attitude while you're at it.

• Shamik C.
    08/14/2020 06:22

The Left are eating themselves.

• Chelsea S.
    08/14/2020 03:56

PLEASE

• Edgar A.
    08/14/2020 03:25

YOU ARE A PRODUCT! It's up to the PUBLIC! THE PUBLIC (DEMAND) DETERMINES YOUR SALARY! How come WILL SMITH and THE ROCK both were the best paid actors? Don't bring the RACE CARD AGAIN! It's up to the PUBLIC! NOT TO YOU!

• Tejano T.
    08/14/2020 03:04

Me me me. Where are the Hispanic women. That’s why I don’t watch main stream tv or go to movies

• Pamela C.
    08/14/2020 01:00

YOU WILL NEVER GET THAT KIND RECOGNITION NOW THAT WE ALL KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT HOLLYWOOD

• Penny L.
    08/13/2020 23:57

Times are changing NOW!!!

• Marius A.
    08/13/2020 23:13

Victim?

• Shaun S.
    08/13/2020 22:54

It's not too much to ask for work the same as me get paid the same amount as me and the fact that it isn't like that is WRONG

• Felix J.
    08/13/2020 22:52

I wonder how much Oprah gets paid?

• Crystal Y.
    08/13/2020 21:39

Viola Davis is an black actress. And for those of that know. There are alot of actors and actresses out there. Some are white, Mexican, African, Asian so on and so forth. Do anyone understand that for the dawn of time. Woman especially woman of color have always been paid less than white people. So when a woman of color. Doesn't matter what color. When she says she had to hustle hard to get were she is.( Fyi others had to hustle less than others,some had a spoon in their mouth) My point is don't talk down to her. Anyone can be in her shoes from the beginning. Viola Davis's words matter. And she's not the only woman of color that had said this. Mexicans make less than blacks. Don't see you talking down about Mexicans. And color has alot to do with it

• Wyoming P.
    08/13/2020 20:35

It’s not about your skin color. All woman face the same issue. All.

• Tina S.
    08/13/2020 20:03

Get a job that pays more..nobody cares..i switched jobs and I make a lot more then I did at my other job...