Why the U.S. has so many big cats in captivity

"If you live in Texas, you might find out that your neighbor owns a tiger." These species are protected all over the world. But in the U.S., big cats are a business like any other. Brut nature investigated.

04/25/2020 8:39 AM
  • 36.3k

• Samira F.
    5 days

I think these people own animals like these for their own pleasure and egos. They don't care about the animals. The "lawmakers" in this country should do their job and rewrite this law unless the people than own these animals contribute to the lawmaker's wealth

• Marita L.
    05/24/2020 07:01

A SICKENING PICTURE OF AMERICA, PARTICULARLY OF TEXAS.

• Lisa P.
    05/23/2020 16:34

Wankers

• Alexis M.
    05/13/2020 17:57

Who cares if they have a permit and good enclosures hell thats better than a zoo 🙄

• Taka H.
    05/13/2020 17:37

I mean. They look well cared for.

• Emily L.
    05/13/2020 16:21

I live in Texas were i have lived there have been told stories of people owning tigers an wild animals my friend actually seen them once but that's besides the point If people would actually give them to a decent sanctuary or zoo we could do right by repopulating them considering you know they are on the endangered list since I was in like junior high which is sad an if we stopped taking an destroying the earth maybe just maybe they can live happily but people are selfish an greedy but honestly most of those tigers that are being abused instead of ranting about it do something get a freaking warrant to make these people mistreating them an take them away n fine them extra for it just like yall would any other animal owner but most of all sadly all that is gonna happen next is they are gonna be euthanized because they are in poor conditions an were in captivity to long an no one is gonna wanna help them honestly it's a cycle that wont stop an will just continue even if they pass this order or law people are gonna do what they are gonna do in the end 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

• Darian B.
    05/13/2020 14:59

Who put you up to this? Was it carol?

• Harleigh H.
    05/13/2020 14:21

I don't see how the Iowa one says no exotic pets??? My grandma had all kinds and had licences on her wall framed. She seemed to do better then most people you see but when she got monkeys is when I noticed a down fall in her animal care. (Example of animals she had was an albino raccoon, kudamundi, wallabi, deer, she had pics of a cougar cub and I believe ocelot but I don't believe they were hers, she had another Madagascar lemur type animal, and had a whole bunch of small birds)

• Ray P.
    05/13/2020 13:17

Who cares dogs where once wolves now look these are people just trying to get a rise out of it humans have helped endangered animals I dont see a problem

• Kendal H.
    05/13/2020 08:37

Omg this talks about Ohio

• Destiny D.
    05/13/2020 06:21

Well, where else are they going to go? Humans are destroying their habitats and poaching them to extinction. The only way the species is going to survive is in captivity.

• Annette P.
    05/13/2020 04:34

we better watch out

• Steven P.
    05/12/2020 23:58

Did you know in America there is more weenie dogs in captivity than in the wild!?

• Emy S.
    05/12/2020 18:36

Well duh they only cost 2k

• Matthew M.
    05/12/2020 16:47

I've lived in Texas my whole life never met a neighbor with a tiger seen a few at the zoo and on wildlife ranches everyone of em rescued from a circus or born in captivity but a normal citizen can't just go buy a tiger regardless what this bunk article says

• Alexis L.
    05/12/2020 05:05

seee!!

• Garrett R.
    05/11/2020 21:50

Joe exotic said it first

• Ibrahim A.
    05/11/2020 21:28

Scarface theory

• Arva R.
    05/11/2020 21:17

Humans should be eaten, kept in cages, bread and used for fashion. Nothing in this world is worse than us.

• Michael W.
    05/11/2020 21:03

“never been successfully reintroduced in the wild” again, brain capacity of a slug. https://roaring.earth/why-tigers-in-south-africa/