How Texas is transforming from a gas guzzler to a green jobs state

The biggest oil and gas producer in the United States is also a growing leader in clean energy. Here’s how local climate action is driving the green economy and creating new jobs in Texas… Learn more at: https://www.c40.org/about-c40/ This video has been produced in partnership with a brand

12/22/2021 8:58 PM

• Robert D.
    01/19/2022 22:47

What are the going to work when all the windmills are up?

• Shad R.
    01/19/2022 22:35

Put all your eggs in one basket and see what happens idiots

• JJ D.
    01/19/2022 22:01

I bought a half solar system from good faith energy, and while I’m extremely happy with my purchase, then I’m less that excited about their quotes I was getting as a repeat customer when I wanted to expand. You can’t win ‘em all.

• Lee L.
    01/19/2022 19:01

Austin Mayor has destroyed a wonderful city!

• Jamie P.
    01/19/2022 11:58

Austin is the California of Texas now.

• Erin F.
    01/19/2022 06:34

Last winter’s polar vortex freeze confirmed that we’ve become a third world country. We sat around, bundled up, and chattering like chipmunks from the cold. ‘No power, water, or heat. “Green” energy is a scam.

• Dean N.
    01/19/2022 05:06

I

• John B.
    01/18/2022 21:59

The ignorance spouted in these comments is mind boggling. Does everyone have an opinion that is based on absolutely nothing factual.

• Salie U.
    01/18/2022 21:43

This just gave me windmill cancer! 🙏🏻✝️🇺🇸

• Greg K.
    01/18/2022 14:27

Fusion is the way to go. It’s a technology that seemed impossible even just a few years ago but is getting nearer to feasibility. It might take another 15 years of research but when we have it in our grasp we can discard all this solar/wind renewable garbage.

• Henry F.
    01/17/2022 23:57

When will the rest of the country realize Austin is the cancer of Texas !

• Bob M.
    01/17/2022 04:43

Stooopid. Best solution right now is small footprint distributed nuclear. Thorium (clean) reactors or PWR, new technologies that are infinitely safer than old reactors and for which we have 3 BILLION years worth of fuel.

• Stan G.
    01/17/2022 00:00

Austin is a lousy Liberal City I like Texas but not there

• Douglas M.
    01/16/2022 23:42

And when the temperature dropped it all failed miserably

• Larry J.
    01/16/2022 12:13

The sooner the US is out of the oil businesses the better

• William G.
    01/16/2022 09:42

I’m sure the people who died when your windmills froze are excites climate change greatest attempt of a con job to control the masses

• Jerico B.
    01/16/2022 09:29

Ya tell the truth repair is high and nothing is recycled. It cost us more money than anything. Keep telling lies

• Cory M.
    01/16/2022 07:18

Being in CA, we are living this false narrative. "Green is the future"- the raw materials necessary to convert are not abundant and the back end recycling process is not available either. Also side note- I have 15k Kwh solar system on my property. I can essentially power every thing on the property without the utility company making money from me. This has been identified as a troublesome for the utility companies and now they're attempting to create additional taxes through their lobbying power to make us pay our "fair share". CA requires all new builds to have solar and now they want to tax you more for having it. That's the model that other states will follow with the good idea green movement. Where will all these old lithium batteries go? They bury old windmills in landfills because they cannot recycle them in an affordable way. Cart before the horse on this one...

• Eddie R.
    01/16/2022 03:23

These days most people are seeing through this green deal garbage. The tree huggers want electric everything but at the same time coal plants are getting shutdown across the country, which besides nuclear is one of the main sources of reliable, megawatt power. It takes many wind turbines and solar panels to barely create what a nuclear or coal fired, couple steam driven dynamos can push out consistently.

• Ron C.
    01/15/2022 23:27

TX does not want to be part of any other grids. They did not winterize putting thousands in the dark & freezing. Seems they haven't learned anything