Libya: Migrants sold as sex slaves

Sold as sex slaves and tortured for months, these women migrants were rescued from illegal detention centers in Libya.

Meanwhile in Libya…

“I saw a dark hand cover my mouth and I tasted something bitter. After that I was dizzy, I didn’t know where I was, and I found myself in a bedroom. But I don’t know where exactly. They had kidnapped me. I stayed there from April to July. And throughout that period there was a Sudanese man and five Libyans who raped me. It was really hard.” This account by Fatma, an Eritrean national who fled the dictatorship for Europe, is a reality for numerous migrants who are kidnapped, imprisoned, tortured and raped in illegal detention centers in Libya.

More than 1 million migrants in Libya

According to the International Organization for Migration, there are currently between 700,000 and 1 million migrants in Libya. In this country, a gateway to Europe for migrants, there are at least two types of centers where some of them are detained. First, there are the official ones. Then, there are the illegal centers.

Detained in these illegal centers are migrants who have been kidnapped or even bought by militia while they were on the road

Some men and women already exposed these illegal centers in Libya back in 2017. A migrant who experienced these illegal centers described it to Brut, stating, “Even if you had an opportunity to escape, you can’t because at the gate, there are people who have weapons. What are you going to do? Every morning, they beat you. Night and day, they beat you. They torture you.”

Here, torture, slavery or rape are used to put pressure on the families from whom the torturers demand a ransom

Meskiya was held captive for six months in one of these prisons. She was taken in by a Doctors Without Borders residence, which looks after survivors of these illegal prisons. She admitted, “They hit me in the back until it broke. They beat me. They smacked and punched my face. All because they wanted money… They saw that I was about to die. So, they dropped me here and they left.” No data exists on these illegal centers. In the official ones, according to Doctors Without Borders, between 3,000 and 5,000 people are waiting to be freed in very difficult conditions, sometimes for years.

Brut.

03/02/2020 11:05 PM

• Baba I.
    04/30/2021 20:47

Arab money family rich instantly 2021 is coming to an end, make instantly money(Get rich) without any human sacrifice, baba Dallars is here to help you in any problem contact me on 08162081908 @money @ marriage problem @ business to move forward @luck of jobs @ sickness @Yahoo plus @traveling to abroad @court case etc... Call me now or message me on WhatsApp Arab money family rich instantly 2021 is coming to an end, make instantly money(Get rich) without any human sacrifice, baba Dallars is here to help you in any problem contact me on 08059145627 @money @ marriage problem @ business to move forward @luck of jobs @ sickness @Yahoo plus @traveling to abroad @court case etc... Call me now or message me on WhatsApp 08059145627

• Adam W.
    03/24/2021 00:58

began iraq prime minister saddam hussien killed by his stupid people, After that, don't learn from the mistakes of Iraq, Libya, its people are stupid, today the country that used to be developed is destroyed .. don't follow Aruwah Gadafi, we humans have to be smart, but don't be silly, I'm Saddam Hussein bin Abudullah, I'm upset that Libya's people are oppressive give .. may we in the east never follow in the footsteps of a country that has been destroyed.

• Jo N.
    01/29/2021 17:45

We are now in 2021 brothers and sisters take yourself out of poverty if you are interested you can contact 09068536924 the great spiritual herbalist is the great Baba yakubu from selmen state you can contact him for any kind of help, this is a great testimony in my life I never believe I will become rich, I really appreciate baba he is a great man he make instant money with animal sacrifice without no human blood he solved all kind of spiritual problems and he make business move forward if you are ready for your problem to be well solve you can contact him quickly for your problem, don't be scared brothers and sisters try and see for yourself (WhatsApp number) 09068536924

• Kelly B.
    01/19/2021 11:40

Here is my testimony from baba WhatsApp baba on voice message or call him on 07041757256; 0192This is a great testimony in my life,I never believe to be this rich all my life i thank baba shegun for my life... I never new I will be who I am under 3 night,, every thing that I thought was lost recover back in 3days I collected this number (07041757256 on my post I read all through out and I never believe until I decided to call the number and he pick up the phone he told me what to do which I did after 3days I come who I am as a man to be with so many money and wealth then I decided to spread his wonderful work for the wild world to see that some is really good to test and to have faith in life Call baba shegu on07041757256???..If you want good job.. If you want your market to move forward.... E t c.... He do not ask for human sacrifice Call ( 07041757256)baba shegun don't be afraid for money he don't ask for money until his job is done. Don't die in poverty....because poverty be hwan kill me before one g callirl carry me go one siad... I nor5 need to talk too and much.... This is what I promise himself that I will tell the hol world so 07042757256Here is my testimony from baba WhatsApp baba on voice message or call him on 07041757256; 0192This is a great testimony in my life,I never believe to be this rich all my life i thank baba shegun for my life... I never new I will be who I am under 3 night,, every thing that I thought was lost recover back in 3days I collected this number (07041757256 on my post I read all through out and I never believe until I decided to call the number and he pick up the phone he told me what to do which I did after 3days I come who I am as a man to be with so many money and wealth then I decided to spread his wonderful work for the wild world to see that some is really good to test and to have faith in life Call baba shegu on07041757256???..If you want good job.. If you want your market to move forward.... E t c.... He do not ask for human sacrifice Call ( 07041757256)baba shegun don't be afraid for money he don't ask for money until his job is done. Don't die in poverty....because poverty be hwan kill me before one g callirl carry me go one siad... I nor5 need to talk too and much.... This is what I promise himself that I will tell the hol world so 07042757256

• Nawel B.
    11/29/2020 22:19

THIS IS DEMOCRACY BROUGHT BY CRIMINAL WESTERN COUNTRIES !!!!

• SAidou S.

Really

• Blonde E.
    03/10/2020 11:42

So....you are one of the<exporters of these <migrants> to Europe..? 😐

• Carrie F.
    03/09/2020 22:15

Hmmm an you want to go teach over there!! I doubt that miss !!!

• Lila C.
    03/09/2020 14:38

SOMEBODY'S in trouble with The Lord of Hosts

• Tawana A.
    03/07/2020 16:32

This is crazy omg

• Tebogo N.
    03/06/2020 16:30

Very sad the world is quite bout this evil act taking place.... I can only put it to God cause that's the only help I can be able to...... I know God will intervin

• Nancy H.
    03/05/2020 19:54

Those woman IMMIGRANTS if they come over legally then shame on us for treating them that way if they were snuck in just to come to AMERICA oh well you come to AMERICA the right way or don't come at all paying someone to seek you in or trying to seek in on your own is wrong if you want to come to AMERICA do it the right way so I say to bad lady's it's your own fault come to AMERICA the right WAY!!! YESERY BOB

• Judith W.
    03/05/2020 01:05

Sad is what you call it and wickedness..

• Celia C.
    03/04/2020 14:08

This is my job 24/7!! Thank you LVMPC, NHL, .NLV Police Dept!

• Lboogie P.
    03/04/2020 06:16

What is rong with these people in the world

• Ogbe A.