The problem with the "male gaze" in Hollywood

90% of the movies Americans watch are from the perspective of a man. Here's how the "male gaze" has impacted women's representation in Hollywood.

02/15/2021 7:58 PM

• Tashi P.
    04/16/2021 17:47

So how is a woman's gaze show us then???

• NatiBurg B.
    04/16/2021 11:47

NOW I SEE HOW THIS SOCIETY CREATES GAYS. This video is non-sense you are creating a anti-women movements/groups who the hell else am I suppose to drool over? don't punish me for other men that can't control themselves.

• Nevin S.
    04/15/2021 06:39

You mean PEDOWOOD is all about perversion????- I would never have guessed it?

• Moory M.
    04/14/2021 22:53

inappropriate poste I don’t think that you respect your followers specially Muslims in this holy month of Ramadan

• Max H.
    04/14/2021 16:30

So a woman couldn't enjoy this point of view?

• Markas S.
    04/14/2021 06:13

😂

• Hannah K.
    04/14/2021 04:01

The male gaze is literally just an issue. There are movies aimed at women that do the exact opposite, which is also fine. Sexualisation is just a normal and perfectly fine thing.

• Thea J.
    04/14/2021 00:59

I am a woman and am strongly apposed to MOST of the Me too movement ... men and woman ARE DIFFERENT ... stop trying to pretend they are the same. We can see the problems with allowing men to compete in women’s sports that is obvious.. or it should be to most thinking people. I am a woman who likes to be treated as such ... I have no problem with men opening doors and pulling out chairs. Let’s stop all this Me too and BLM and focus on being better people 🤗.... all lives should matter and how we treat each-other. Equality is not always equal 🤩 get over yourselves

• Abdullah A.
    04/14/2021 00:16

Is it all about screen chemistry?

• Armando Z.
    03/13/2021 16:29

as a 30 year old man 6ft 200 lbs i get the 'male gaze" from women and gay dudes. older women are just as bad as dudes if not worse...

• Basil S.
    03/13/2021 12:51

Dont blame man..blame the industry..potrays woman as sex symbol..besides these woman enjoy it with higher paychecks the more they expose their body..thats why adult entertainment industry exist and its generates billions of dollars to american economy..its a good business and they even have an award to respect their achiements