Black Doctor Had Her Credentials Repeatedly Questioned

"Are you an M.D.?" Even after showing her medical license, this black doctor had her credentials repeatedly questioned while helping a sick passenger on a flight.

11/23/2018 2:01 PM
  • 18.0k

• Josh H.
    11/23/2018 14:48

You dont have to explain yourself to others who are incapable of understanding in that moment in time.

• Virginia D.
    11/23/2018 15:18

Outrageous! Thank you for shedding light on this situation.

• Sandy G.
    11/23/2018 16:29

Only an idiot would pretend to be a doctor when they are not. Too much liability if somehting goes wrong. Anytime someone tells me that are a doctor I beleive them. Have no reason to think otherwise.

• Brenda W.
    11/23/2018 17:31

I agree with you 100%. It is time people stop this racial stupidity.We all bleed the same color. I am sorry for your experience on that plane.Probably at least 1/2 of people in the medical field are of color and born in other countries.Quite honestly, I am thankful for anybody that can help keep others healthy and alive.Thank you for all you do.

• Evelien M.
    11/23/2018 18:34

Extremely sad thing! Cant believe they questioned her while she just was helping another person...sadsadsad 😢

• Helen A.
    11/23/2018 20:04

This is bull excrement! People need to clean out their brains and get ride of prejudicial thinking. I'm so sorry this happened to her.

• Amy C.
    11/23/2018 20:34

more to keep America divided give me a flight number a name something that says this happened and I will still say this is to spark more divide

• Boris B.
    11/23/2018 22:30

If they don't believe... too bad. You don't help. That's it!

• Maria M.
    11/23/2018 22:51

Unacceptable!!!! Fuc***g ignorant people!!!!

• David G.
    11/24/2018 03:35

It's sad that your world It's not gonna Enough

• Katheryn W.
    11/24/2018 10:31

This is disgusting and the state of our world today .. stop with all this racial crap , stop looking at the colour of skin and look at the person. We all feel , breath , think , love etc there's no room for this any more and that goes both ways . She is an educated lady , a doctor and by the sounds of it a very caring one , she never should come up against such ridiculous prejudice

• Chinaemerem N.
    11/24/2018 14:15

I think it’s high time people start see reality for what it is.bad as it might sound if having shown my license and am made to feel that way( different and incapable)then I would obviously withdraw.its just their fault if anything happens to the patient.we can’t keep complaining about a trend all our lives

• Lynette V.
    11/24/2018 18:21

Sad. When a patient is need, we shouldn't question the race of a doctor. If they're a doctor, let them provide medical aid!

• Liz T.
    11/24/2018 20:47

This is an easy one: don’t fly !

• Dwight R.
    11/24/2018 22:19

Total Bull Shit sprinkled with "irrational offense." How many of you have been to the ER? How many of you have asked "are you a doctor? Of a white person? A black person? And Asian? All that education and learned nothing about human nature

• Raven D.
    11/25/2018 02:25

You can’t be anything more then black to some people and it’s sad

• Salvador O.
    11/25/2018 06:52

Very rude flight attendants! I think that 2 flight attendants forgot their orientation and trainings with Delta. They should give proper sanctions for what they did. I believe 2 sanctions 1. For not applying and following rules of the Airlines and 2. Discrimination and Arrogance!

• Peggy M.
    11/25/2018 06:57

im chronically sick. dont worry, i question every doctor not just the black ones bc they all seem to have forgotten how to actually be doctors unless a insurance rep or pharma rep is there to hold their hand.

• Fritz D.
    11/25/2018 13:07

This is the America we have today,what a shame .?

• Edward F.
    11/26/2018 03:48

Just goes to show you, Racism & bigotry are alive & thriving in the US.