Senator Hirono on compassion

"Show the compassion to everybody in this country that you showed me." This senator with kidney cancer yields the floor after a moving speech about health care.

07/28/2017 1:47 PM
  • 114.6k

• Nevin S.
    07/28/2017 13:56

Left wing bias agenda - fake

• Jim L.
    07/28/2017 14:06

Really...a government official on tax payer funded insurance ranting about saving lives...really...so.. what are the tax payers getting for these saved lives...? More taxes so we can't send our kids to college or buy them nice things or help them when they're in need...really nice. Hey politicians stop patting yourself on your back...buy insurance like we do and please take your hands off our earned monies so we can take family vacations...or buy our kids nice cars...holy moly these people need to get a reality smack....

• Earnest G.
    07/28/2017 14:16

Stuck on the side of the road? I Got You Need Deals on Rental Cars? I Got You Need a Discount on Hotels for that Family Vacation? Guess What I Got You Inbox for more details

• Michael J.
    07/28/2017 17:59

If you don't want the state to control every facet of human existence you must want children to die!!!!!

• Bryan L.
    07/28/2017 18:54

Compassion went out the door when my premium doubled and my deductible almost tripled.

• Jonathan T.
    07/28/2017 18:56

I hope for the best with her treatments but any replacement bill wont have much impact on her if any.

• Hilton M.
    07/28/2017 19:04

So are we begging for healthcare now?? is this is what it's all about? This is very shameful and too bad for United States such a country we call great, my question is what is so great about that?? Today the U.S. cant even come into terms to give Healthcare Care to the American Citizens that really needs it, i know i need it. Today we have other countries that have free college and free health care for their citizens

• Nick W.
    07/28/2017 20:29

Leftist propaganda.

• Colby D.
    07/28/2017 20:53

Funny to see this video regarding compassion and then comments from people who clearly lack that virtue.

• Zi Y.
    07/28/2017 21:29

Life is precious, we need just as much in preventive care as we do in treatments... So many reasons people are getting cancers and other very serious illnesses! We have got to have Heath care reform, but not the grab bag rip off our idiotic president tried to pull! I hope this woman can heal from her cancer, and I commend her for standing up. She had several very valid points.

• Justin M.
    07/29/2017 02:25

What exactly is compassionate about limiting choice and increasing premiums on people who can't afford it? I've been trying to figure that out for a few years now...

• Aaron F.
    07/29/2017 02:58

Your rich... they're not

• Nic E.
    07/29/2017 03:17

did you see this? I know you posted about her earlier.

• Aldo B.
    07/29/2017 03:59

This made me cry!

• Gigi K.
    07/29/2017 05:07

"Compassion" ie acess for decent medical care in the case of a serious ilness is extended for wealthy, elite and important people...if you're sick and die because you're poor its just another statistic. Welcome to American capitalism folks...not going to be a different story when it comes to healthcare, wake up

• Jen W.
    07/29/2017 06:13

Best argument for Medicare for all I've seen yet. ❤️❤️❤️

• Desmond L.
    07/29/2017 07:23

Their level of care far surpasses ours not to mention they did not have to participate in ACA

• Desmond L.
    07/29/2017 07:26

Nobody died that wasn't dying anyway before aca and they won't now. You have the working class going uninsured so they can pay for them on working bums to get it for pennies on the dollar. Oh what's that? Your kids? Quit screwing and the rest of the country doesn't have to worry about providing shit for your kids. You do have a right to health care. Not an entitlement. So get the fuck out there go to work and get insured

• Mitchell S.
    07/29/2017 09:41

Yes everyone beg the government to solve problems they made that should work....

• Ted R.