How women around the world go home at night

This is what going home at night is like for women across the globe.

07/22/2020 4:30 PM

• Gerry M.
    4 days

This issue doesn't get anything like the attention it deserves. It is utterly disgraceful that any woman should feel afraid going about her business anywhere, at any time of the day or night. This should be bumped to the top of every government's agenda for social change in every country across the world. There is an urgent need to re-educate men and boys regarding their attitudes towards women. That would of course be a medium-long term effort, so in the meantime more offenders need to be caught and penalised severely. (Use set-ups and traps if need be) A really strong, unequivocal message needs to be sent out to anyone who even dreams of intimidating women on the street.

• Larissa F.
    01/15/2021 23:36

This is not paranoia, but a frank reality. Women have to protect themselves. I, myself, carry breath spray which contains alcohol...it's not a weapon, which mace/pepper spray is in some areas. I also have a keyring which can be used for self defense.

• Michela M.
    12/20/2020 15:48

che tristezza che ste cose accomunano noi donne

• Vishali S.
    12/13/2020 22:06

To keep paper spray n sharp pan is good n also inform ur family in which cab u r sitting share whole information relate to it u can share with ur family n friend

• Cla F.
    12/13/2020 13:44

Beside India and some countries where woman's safety is zero you need to worry of course but I don't see something like that in any of the European countries as police will be moving 24 hrs everywhere

• Barry S.
    12/13/2020 12:46

Welcome to 2020 when it’s cool to be a victim even if your not. Guys take precautions as well. In the US, males are more likely to be victims of violent crime.

• Venkataraman S.
    12/13/2020 08:08

Wow pathetic but Americans call middle East is terrorist not safe for women

• Sandro P.
    12/13/2020 04:48

Sad and disgusting.

• Celeste Y.
    12/12/2020 20:43

Lets teach men to not harm women.

• Ashraf A.
    12/12/2020 12:45

The best part of staying in the middle east is that you don't have to worry about all these. :)

• Klaus A.
    12/12/2020 06:45

I carry M2 .50 Caliber Machine Gun For safety purposes 😂😂🔫💔

• Audrey S.
    12/12/2020 04:11

There are a variety of precautions that you can take to ensure your safety while walking alone at night.When walking at night,make sure you walk confidently & with a purpose.Avoid being distracted by your cellphone & avoid dark alleyways & parking lots where criminals can easily hide.Whenever it is possible,try to walk with a friend or a dog.If not,make sure someone is aware that you will be walking alone at night in case of emergency.

• Daniel E.
    12/12/2020 03:55

Ok girls

• Kirby E.
    12/12/2020 03:55

Always carry a sharpened wood pencil, and a rolled up magazine. If you shove the end of the rolled up magazine into a mans eye and twisr, you will cause intense pain. The pencil is also for the eyes or the soft part at the base of the neck. Stomping really hard on a mans instep will cripple him. Striking up into the nose with the heel of your hand can shatter the sinus bones. Theres a small bone just under thebrib cage that can be driven into the heart The keys in the hand is a good trick. You can buy a carbon fibre eye gouger that looks like a spade that wont be found by metal detectors Buy a personal alarm that screams loudly in case you can't. Decide how much damage you are comfortable committing to save your life, and learn how to inflict it.

• Diana M.
    12/12/2020 02:08

I don't really walk around anywhere, specially by myself. If I'm going out on a date, which is always with a guy I know (don't really go out with stranger) I send my friends his info. Usually go out during the day, if I meet up with someone is in public. Have a tiny knife in my pocket and the phone close, it has a 911 section. Just a few out the top of my head. If the anxiety gets too high I call someone on the phone so they can be on the line. Never walk the same route everyday. I used to walk to college everyday for like 6 years

• Donna G.
    10/28/2020 20:04

Now ask men what they do 😡

• Lisa L.
    10/21/2020 21:42

South African girls avoid walking at night (even during the day in some areas), even in groups. We avoid public transport if we can, because that can be just as bad. Most of us drive ourselves if we are out at night and we only slow at red traffic lights and then jump them- I would rather pay a fine for doing that then have another smash and grab or be hijacked. The world seems to be crazy... other than hide in our homes behind electric fences, what can we do? So we pray and remain vigilant and try to mitigate risk

• Susanne V.
    10/20/2020 01:36

I live in the country. I allways use my car to get home at night, also for short rides.. i never use my bike and I lock the doors while driving..

• Rita B.
    10/16/2020 23:25

I actually hold my paper spray in my right hand and set it ready to spray so that if any one tries anything all I have to do is press down.

• Linda C.
    10/16/2020 13:25

What a sad word we seem to live in when so many people in so many countries feel threatened by others. I loved the cat the one lady had. Great idea.