Army vet's mic cut off while sharing Black history behind Memorial Day

This Army veteran was giving a speech on the Black history of Memorial Day when his mic was turned off. Watch what happened next...

06/03/2021 10:48 PMupdated: 06/03/2021 10:50 PM

• Ian I.
    06/07/2021 17:26

So much for "democracy" huuh😏

• Renae R.
    06/07/2021 04:53

It want a technical issue if it was that even the people there felt like it was wrong and done out of spike that's why it became a issue if the people there that saw him doing it even folks there was mad I mean it's a mind ova matter to me I been dealing with it all my life nothing new but the speech was for the whites as well the black and should know that African American did do something great hell everything else was stolen even down to some of our invention it is what it is but nevertheless I was raise to LOVE everybody no matter the situation love is what we all need

• Ravi S.
    06/06/2021 18:19

This could also technical issue. Why the fuss?

• Miles G.
    06/04/2021 19:54

Another blatant example of the horrible treatment that is given to our veterans.

• Israel A.
    06/04/2021 16:57

How can some one be call free when still slave next to it? Only usa have the capability to do as such !

• Will C.
    06/04/2021 12:10

I guess free speech is only for "The Right". Sad.

• Larry H.
    06/04/2021 10:46

"Dismayed and Disillusioned" On Tuesday evening standing before the Piqua City Commission I stated after reading cousin Henry Allen Laine's "Thirty Year's of Peace" that was recited at Berea College in 1893, that he would be DISMAYED and DISILLUSIONED at the level of progress in our society. The article about the Military VETERAN having his mic cut shows just how RIGHT I am! See my comments starting at about 23:22 into the meeting. I thank the Mayor for not cutting my mic time and urge our community not to think about it or talk about it but ACT upon it in Doing the RIGHT Thing! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfh2rJoQ8YA&t=1981s

• Jonathan W.
    06/04/2021 09:01

Thank You, Sir! TRUTH WILL NOT BE SILENCED!

• John S.
    06/04/2021 01:23

Heard this was an American Legion event. As a member this is embarrassing and unacceptable.

• Julia A.
    06/04/2021 00:42

What about free speech? Lol

• Mary C.
    06/04/2021 00:01

How rude they turned the Mic off. I'm white an never knew this piece of history.. it's atrocious that we don't get to learn something worthy of black people that served in all of our wars. And how they invented almost everything but yet white also stole all of that and credit for it. We should be ashamed of that. I have a mixed grandchild and try to teach and make him aware of all the awesome things people of color have contributed!

• Bonnie B.
    06/03/2021 23:54

Still waiting for “what happens next”?

• Sugar S.
    06/03/2021 23:53

He is a very honorable man