Bill Gates’ Wake-Up Call

He’s using his fortune to end AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria by 2030. Bill Gates spoke with Brut about his wake-up call on global health equality.

Software entrepreneur-turned-philanthropist

In 2000, Bill Gates and his wife Melinda created their foundation to “reduce inequality.” He spoke about their wake-up call. All over the world primary health care plays a vital role of keeping communities healthy at the same time helping to increase access to the health care system thereby offering better health outcomes. The first point of contact with health services, primary care has been described by many as the entrance to the entire health system, its interconnecting principles being of equity, access, empowerment, community self-determination and inter-sectoral collaboration.

“Melinda and I had traveled in Africa and we were surprised to see what conditions in poor countries were like. And then we started reading about health and we were shocked to find that over a million children were dying from malaria every year. Children were dying of diarrhea even though there was a vaccine being used in richer countries that could prevent that. And so, we realized that was incredible injustice and so, we should join together with other people to advance global health and save lives. We’re lucky enough to have the wealth that was created by the success of Microsoft, as well as support that Warren Buffett provided from his business success and so, the question was: “How can we take this money and give it back to the world to help those most in need, to save lives, improve lives in the best way possible?” Our foundation has global health as substantially its largest priority,” Bill Gates tells Brut.

Once the world's richest person, the software entrepreneur-turned-philanthropist, along with his wife, established the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation in 2000 to donate the bulk of their fortune to improving health care and reducing poverty around the world. They created the foundation, which has an endowment of more than $50 billion, after reading that hundreds of thousands of children in poor countries were dying of diarrhea.

Brut.

10/13/2019 1:58 PM

• Sharndeep S.
    09/29/2021 16:32

When he make his comments money is always the big keys of his words. Some how he speak truth of his cruel world of richest even in covid richest lives and other are dying. Richest whom kidney fail heart block and all kind of dangerous deadly disease Servise but healthy young died. Catch this m f and put him behind the bar for interrogation believe me either big Tec will kill him like Jeff his Freind behind the bar or world will get the truth of covid

• Krishna R.
    09/21/2021 16:31

Good morning ☀️

• Marilyn S.
    09/14/2021 22:07

Tribal feuding, disastrous leadership. Poor planning, etc etc. SA a perfect example of a once prosperous country. Venezuela too. Then exploitation by other countries companies. Now, watch what Chris na does in those countries with precious ores, etc.

• Yogesh K.
    08/06/2021 00:46

Good morning

• Shariful I.
    07/30/2021 18:37

Plz sir help me..... I am Bangladeshi But i am poor man.

• Ashok C.
    07/30/2021 00:45

Great people. Noble acts!

• KC E.
    07/26/2021 15:39

Good afternoon sir my name is Elijah I am a young man from Nigeria I have experience in business but I don't have financial support sir please help me to achieve mine dream God bless you sir

• Bishop M.
    07/24/2021 07:50

Dear sir I would like to join your Bill Gate Foundation , because I have a project which can save the humanity against the toxic Gas from the Universe or Other Sickness ; I am about the Natural Organic chemistry . The Importance and Value of the Forest and Tree 🌲 Planting . Please I ask you to consider my request . Thanks .

• Ninči P.
    07/19/2021 10:08

You are killing People and chilldren.

• Shah A.
    07/18/2021 05:35

• Sibtain A.
    07/16/2021 19:11

What if I tell all of you including Mr. Bill Gates that I have invented a perpetual motion machine with the help of renewable energy i.e Gravity. Feel free to contact me

• Josh H.
    06/29/2021 12:37

He is a great man I've known him since I was in 4th grade

• David R.
    06/27/2021 22:20

War criminalJustice but you poisoned him with a vaccine what are Nazi criminal

• Shivam D.
    06/23/2021 14:13

Sir This time I m very trouble My family financial conditions is very critical So helps me My patm/what s No7523923947 Country india🇮🇳 Thanks🙏

• Bramwel K.
    06/21/2021 20:59

The side of a Nurse that the General Public hardly ever sees. This Nurse is stationed at Londiani sub-county hospital KERICHO County brought in by good Samaritans in a sickly condition and had no a caretaker. The Nurse therefore decided to act as the baby's caretaker as she Nurses the Mother. ❤️🇰🇪 "UBUNTU UMUNTU NGABANTU" "I Am Because We Are" "Humanity Towards Others" 🇰🇪🇰🇪🇰🇪🇰🇪🇰🇪🇰🇪

• Julie H.
    06/19/2021 22:42

Bill is a disgusting roach. His life is out of control right now and I for one am happy.

• Dillon O.
    06/19/2021 08:45

Hi my name is Dillon olive had a thought of a good place to stay no one dose anything to the land wanted to buy the hole spot around the road spot but they got guns and shoot to I need to know if u have to buy it or can I just get the hole thing

• Gagan D.
    06/16/2021 20:33

*Help Navjot Fight Post Covid Lung Fibrosis* Dear Sir/Ma’am, I am reaching out to you with hope in regards to the subject matter. My 28 years old younger brother, Navjot Singh, is in very critical condition and is on ECMO Navjot tested covid positive on 30th April and after a lot of struggle was admitted to a local hospital in Neemuch, Madhya Pradesh. he needs urgent funds for his treatment. Please contribute and share. *IT IS AN ARGENT NEED* ALREADY WE SPENT OUR ALL SAVING. AND THE AMOUNT OF HOSPITALITY OF PER DAY HAS BEEN GOING TO AROUND 400000. Read more - https://milaap.org/fundraisers/support-navjot-singh-8?utm_source=whatsapp&utm_medium=fundraisers-title To pay via Paytm (for Android users only) - https://milaap.org/fundraisers/support-navjot-singh-8/deeplink?deeplink_type=paytm

• Pas C.
    06/12/2021 09:43

Assassini tu e tutti i politici mondiali

• Anouar B.