Jon Stewart Pleads Congress to Aid 9/11 First Responders

"Behind me, a filled room of 9/11 first responders — and in front of me, a nearly empty Congress." Listen to Jon Stewart's emotional plea to Congress — begging them to reauthorize funding for 9/11 first responders. 👇

Jon Stewart Fighting for the Rights of First Responders

Jon Stewart returned to television just as he left his cult like audience: sitting behind a desk, eagerly clicking his pen as he prudently made an argument and demanded justice. It could’ve easily been a monologue aired on a favorite episode of “The Daily Show.” Pretty close. But instead of Comedy Central, Stewart appeared on our screens through C-SPAN. In its place of hilarity, he implanted desolation; his one-liners now wounding our hearts rather than our funny bone. He’s still furious as ever, but he’s moved from the peanut gallery into the front of the 9/11 recovery conversation.

Jon Stewart is an American comedian, writer, producer, director, activist, political commentator, actor, and television host. He hosted The Daily Show, a satirical news program on Comedy Central, from 1999 to 2015. Jon Stewart blasted members of congress for failing to permanently fund healthcare programs for 9/11 first responders and for not even showing up to the hearing.

The political comedian’s post-retirement living, his appearance in center view of Congress may have been unexpected but not utterly predictable. Since leaving television in 2015, Stewart has pursued a passion project to secure health coverage and benefits for the surviving 9/11 first responders, many of whom have been afflicted with cancer and disease in the almost a score after breathing in the toxic fumes of the wreckage. The September 11th Victim Compensation Fund, which supplies first responders with healthcare, is set to terminate next year. It should be a stain on all of us that these heroes could die without the help or care that they need.

Stewart knows this. But he knows who shares the load of the blame, too.


06/11/2019 9:50 PMupdated: 06/11/2019 9:54 PM


  • Joe A.
    09/22/2020 01:32

    Jones Stewart for President

  • Karl N.
    09/18/2020 22:00

    They said 70% of the dust from the buildings was "organic" ie drywall, plaster, mortar,,etc,, lie saying a cup of poison was 70% water,,the other 30% they don't talk about was glass,insulation, fluorescent lights etc,,toxic dust,,

  • Zac G.
    09/18/2020 21:46

    Awesome !!!!!!!!

  • Simone B.
    09/18/2020 13:51

    What a disgrace! These men and women should not have to go begging before politicians in order to ensure their health care issues are taken care of. They already earned that right.

  • Alvin G.
    09/18/2020 10:40


  • Shawn S.
    09/18/2020 02:32

    Leftist Speaking, Harris Biden is a Trojan Horse. Biden won’t last 3 months, Moderate Dems you’ve been Mugged by leftists!! Harris Biden; thats right, is a Trojan Horse. Biden will be out 3 months for dementia, and Harris would be a Leftist President Cuomo Murdered 11,000 Seniors by putting COVID Patients in Nursing Homes! He knew!! Biden and his traitorous Son are Riding the Red CCP Dragon!!

  • Beth B.
    09/18/2020 00:11

    Please what can an average joe do to help this cause .!

  • Wilma K.
    09/17/2020 22:51

    God Bless ever one of them ❤️🙏🙏🙏

  • Robert M.
    09/17/2020 19:48

    Well said Jon👍🏻👍🏻👴🏻

  • Pablo M.
    09/17/2020 17:03

    Yankees have 9/11... The world hace yankees

  • Sapana H.
    09/17/2020 15:36


  • Lynne M.
    09/17/2020 14:20

    Again, wow. Jon, you are amazing.

  • Lynne M.
    09/17/2020 14:17

    Bravo Jon Stewart, you are a saint. If anyone in Congress had a relative, who was a first responder, they would think differently. I'm so glad the first responders have you to speak up for them. I live in Scotland and I know I will never forget the sight of these great men and women running into the hell of 9/11 knowing they probably wouldn't be coming out. Would any of these congressmen have done that? Absolutely not. Keep up the good work Jon.

  • Enko M.
    09/17/2020 13:38

    But I thought America is best country in the world

  • Jessie C.
    09/17/2020 09:03


  • Darlene A.
    09/17/2020 06:31


  • Ava-Marie J.
    09/17/2020 03:37

    I have so much respect for him doing this

  • Sandra W.
    09/17/2020 02:23

    Great 👍 man

  • Richard G.
    09/17/2020 01:08

    This is better than a Biden convention. Their are people here.

  • Neelesh M.
    09/16/2020 22:02

    I thought America was 1st world?