Mr. Checkpoint App Aims to Reduce Police Abusing Their Power

In an effort to reduce police brutality, the MrCheckpoint app maps where cops hide out for checkpoints — and lets users report if officers are abusing their power. 🚨

Mr. Checkpoint Aims to Map Police Violence and Abuses

To expose police violence and abuses, Sennett Devermont created Mr. Checkpoint to fight for your rights through activism. He first started the service to report the exact locations of DUI checkpoints across California. From Rodney King to Sandra Bland, the proliferation of video evidence in police activity has played a major role in exposing police brutality, and the racial disparities in the U.S. criminal justice system. 1,165 people were killed by police in America in 2018 according to Mapping Police Violence. 99% of the officers involved in the killings were not charged with a crime based on data from the Washington Post.

In 2011, Devermont was wrongfully arrested for a DUI. Thanks to a recording and a blood test, he won a $70,000 settlement. Since 2011, the service has shifted from identifying checkpoints to holding law enforcement accountable.

Sennett states his cause, “I'm from Los Angeles, born and raised, and you know FTP, you know, really is known as f--- (bleep) the police, and I'm not for saying that, I don't think it's productive and I don't think anything positive happens from that, but I think that saying that's so popular, comes from a real pain that people have felt with police. And so what I would say is AFTP: Always Film The Police, and the idea is that filming police is a First Amendment right, because they're public servants.”

Mr. Checkpoint is now aiming to go nationwide with the new technology innovation app for law justice. Users will not only be able to report on checkpoints, but also upload pictures and videos of encounters with law enforcement, that will be shared and rated by the public.

Brut.

06/04/2019 12:00 PMupdated: 06/04/2019 1:46 PM

• Kim J.
    09/10/2020 07:59

We will see how many resist arrest and scream they can't breath when they can

• Monday Lee
    08/30/2020 23:41

I contacted Hiv in 2017, I was told by my doctor that there's no possible cure for HEPATITIS. I started taking my ARV's, My CD4 was 77 and viral load was 112,450. I saw a website of Dr. Apala also I saw a lot of testimonials about him on how he uses herbal medicine to cure HEPATITIS. I contacted him and told him my problems, He sent me the herbal medicine and I took it for 14 days after then I went for check-up and I was cured. The medicine has NO SIDE EFFECT, there's no special diet when taking the medicine. He also cure ALS, HEPATITIS B, CANCER, HERPES, DIABETES and lots more. You can reach him on e-mail [email protected] WhatsApp +2349051798469 https://www.facebook.com/drapalaherbalhome/

• James W.
    08/20/2020 02:29

How about The 5 year old boy a Black Thug walked upto and shot point blank in the head , executed the 5 year old boy on purpose where is the out cry from the Left , The Socialists , The Communists , The Marx's and The Leftist Fake News Media , they don't care about that 5 year old boy because that 5 year old white boy does not fit their narrative , but a criminal blackman that is totally high on drugs that committed a crime and then arrested and is ODing before he is arrested and can't breath far before a knee is on his criminal neck that fits their narrative not an innocent 5 year old boy that got executed by a blackman .....

• Martín O.
    08/19/2020 01:59

AFTP because ACAB

• Alexander A.
    08/18/2020 23:55

Good idea man! salute you!

• Lucero S.
    08/17/2020 18:14

\

• David F.
    08/16/2020 20:59

You should share the cost of rebuilding whT you and others destroyed. Most of us weren't part of you and the police. Blame the people who made the laws , not the rest of the citizens, who will be the ones that pay for the destruction!

• Judy D.
    08/16/2020 20:55

as you shine a spotlight on what some police have done wrong(out of many thousands) also shine a spotlight on what some people have done wrong to police(out of many thousands). i have never liked (nor completely believed) a one sided story.

• Luis R.
    03/11/2020 23:33

Por que no la usan para los criminales también sólo graban al policía graben también lo que pasó antes

• Roger T.
    03/06/2020 21:15

Keep up the good work, lots of bad cops out there today and these cameras are starting to catch them, THAT'S WHY THEY HATE THESE CAMERAS.

• Maynor G.
    03/05/2020 12:49

The app is just another way to tell drug dealers or any other criminals where the cops are at. ( maybe they should do an app for the criminals) lol

• William G.
    03/05/2020 03:16

The government is above the laws that they enforce. No other explanation.

• Jessica M.
    03/04/2020 15:12

Why the hell is “Brut” on my feed. You idiots I don’t want you here!

• Leiza M.
    03/04/2020 12:39

Is the post completely anonymous though? I would hate for the crooked cops to find the person that posted and pin something on them

• Guy-Micheal A.
    03/04/2020 05:15

I thought I had a right to travel through the country without being asked to show my papers. But I guess the Constitution is just trash now

• William G.
    03/04/2020 00:15

Nice! Downloading asap!!!

• Reid L.
    03/03/2020 23:21

Maybe you could do something a little more productive than this but eventually you're going to have to leave your parents basement

• David A.
    03/03/2020 22:16

If you think this is bad. Try to going a different country and see how they operate.

• Haywood A.
    03/03/2020 19:47

• Bryan M.
    03/03/2020 18:05

It's a small percentage of what happens.