Muslim Woman Defends Jewish Family

"As a mother of two, it really did disturb me, and also as a practicing Muslim, for me to see that." Meet Asma Shuweikh, who stood up and defended a father and his young sons against anti-Semitic abuse on the London Underground.

Her faith is what drives her to speak out against injustice

Asma Shuweikh, a Muslim woman, was filmed defending a Jewish father and his young children from the anti-Semitic abuse they were receiving from another passenger on a London train. The video quickly went viral all over the world. Across social media, Shuweikh was heralded as a hero.

He saw this Jewish family and as he saw them, he rushed to them. And when he rushed towards them, he pointed at them and said to them, "Are you a Jew?" And as he replied to him, "Yes," that's when he started to slur all these anti-Semitic comments towards him. Someone did stand up to him, but he wasn't taking it. I thought if I tried to calm him down, maybe he might stop what he's doing. And plus, he was talking towards the children as well. It wasn't just the man himself. He was actually looking at the children and showing them, this is what it says here, "You are imposters. You are not the real Jews. You don't…" I felt really sorry for the children. As a mother of two, it really did disturb me, and also as a practicing Muslim, for me to see that, because obviously we've been subjected to racial hatred and Islamophobia, all this stuff. So, I mean, it just took me back to when I was subjected to that kind of cruelty and that kind of abuse, really,” Asma Shuweikh tells Brut.

Asma revealed she had been subjected herself to racist abuse in the past, recounting an incident in which a motorist had thrown jellybeans at her face. But, while no one stuck up for her then, she still found the inner strength to come to this family’s defense. A 35-year-old man from Hillingdon, who has not been named by police, was arrested in Birmingham on Saturday on suspicion of a racially aggravated public order offence and later bailed. His bail is subject to conditions and he is due to return to police custody on 21 December.

Brut.

11/27/2019 9:22 PMupdated: 12/02/2019 4:42 PM

• Harold W.
    09/04/2021 03:09

She still got a little of that anti black in her. May Allah grant her knowledge and hide us all. Ameen

• Nani D.
    07/15/2021 20:09

Kudos to ppl that stood up!👏 Coexistence is the key... we all gotta share this Earth... the more we get along the better for everyone!

• Joel M.
    07/06/2021 09:00

Maybe god should fix that🤣

• Kau A.
    06/24/2021 02:19

• Loraine T.
    06/19/2021 10:31

My family has not suffered from racism from Muslims-just rape

• Lorraine M.
    06/12/2021 21:50

♥️🙏🏼

• Tiger S.
    06/12/2021 17:58

Israel murders and kill innocent Palestine everyday the last thing you did was to stop this man from speaking the truth You need help

• Zahid P.
    06/10/2021 05:41

I was once assisting a friend of mine in his sweet wholesale business As a cashier here in Johannesburg a jewish customer came in he purchased a carton of cigarettes he was wearing gold chains 3 of them I only recognized one which was davids star and i enquired from him what they were he stared very hard at me and said 1/we took palestine away from you 2/death to your prophet mohammed 3/all muslims should be removed from this world I did not respond but was very shocked I served him let him go The next customer a Lebanese man congratulations me and said you handled him nicely because we Lebanon kicked them out due to their arrogance and spite of all other humans that they feel they are the only humans in this world and if i hit him he would telephone 🇺🇸 for assistance So till the end of the 🌎 you can never change them I hale nelson mandela he said south africa will never be free till palestine is free

• Zubair K.
    06/09/2021 11:34

Well done, no need to harass anyone

• Rawhi A.
    06/09/2021 11:02

May be he read what Jesus says about them Jesus says about the Jews John 8:44 King James Version 44 You are of your father the devil, and you will fulfill your father's wishes. He was a murderer from the beginning, and he did not remain in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks of himself; because he is a liar and the father of lies.

• Fari W.
    06/09/2021 08:36

Look at that astrayed jew's facial expressions... he is looking being entertained by all this

• Jose A.
    06/08/2021 21:47

ISLAMIC RELIGION IS GROWING TODAY BUT BASED ON DECEPTIONS IN THE BACE TO A FALSE ADOCTRINATION TO THE REST OF THE WORLD MUSLIM PEOPLE IN OUR COUNTRIES IT IS NOT TEACHING THE TRUE REALITY OF THE EXTREME AND THE INJUSTICIES OF THE KORAN KORAN THAT IN THE END IT DOESN'T MATTER WHICH BRANCH OF ISLAMISM IS; THE QUR'AN IS THE AUTHORITY THE SYSTEM OF JUDGMENT OVER ALL JUDGMENT SYSTEM NOT TAUGHT FROM THE KORAN FROM MUSLIM PEOPLE TO THE REST OF THE WORD BECAUSE AT LAST THE ISLAMIC RELIGIÓN IS A DANGEROUS RELIGIÓN WET STREAM CONTROL AND STREAMS JUDGMENTS

• Ada S.
    06/08/2021 21:40

No need for annoying shows, Since this is such an extreme muslim lover man ; You can go to live in Palestine

• Judy E.
    06/08/2021 21:35

Yet he’s reading a book about a Jew,,,smh.

• David J.
    06/08/2021 20:34

Glad to see and hear what this women was saying a prime example to anyone.

• Ali R.
    06/08/2021 16:02

Zionist are the evil ones remember they also opress jews Before they came muslims Christians and Jews lived in peace in palistine

• Mohamed A.
    06/04/2021 21:16

Free palestine 🇵🇸

• Tania K.
    06/04/2021 05:03

what is she trying to prove ?

• Marilou L.
    06/04/2021 02:39

I admire your courage. Thank you!❤️

• Blacks B.
    06/03/2021 14:51

If it was in Gaza the Jewish guy would be taking your house