The secret history of the Confederate Flag

What we know as the Confederate flag was actually never a flag of the Confederacy. Here's the history of a symbol that many are fighting to ban across the nation.

07/17/2020 4:00 PM

• Trey N.
    08/13/2021 21:40

What i have never understood is when racism is being talked about its always white ppl. They don't talk about Malcom x or the black Panthers why is that

• Richard G.
    08/13/2021 21:32

Hello I'm sorry to tell you that I have no record of saying or writing any of these comments

• Dion S.
    07/29/2021 13:17

Its people who hate not a flag that is part of southern heritage not hate. The flag is only part of real history. You cant erace history. But it's the deep state os trying and successfully putting a wedge between the races. If they can decide us then conquer us. There will e no middle class only rich and slaves they want to cause the down fall of America cause anarchy. Then take over and we all will be their slaves. And you think Biden and the rest of those Democrats care about minorities. They dont but people keep voting for them and when they loose elections they just steel them.

• Dion S.
    07/29/2021 13:09

That flag is heritage not hate.

• Kathie K.
    07/27/2021 10:09

I'm from California an never saw this traitors flag there. It would have been torn down and burned. I moved to Florida 2009 and was shocked to see this flag publicly displayed

• Olamide A.
    07/26/2021 13:50

I’m so happy I got my profits from Mrs online investment Trade I just want to share the goodness of Mrs Charlotte Viktoriya to me and my Family may God bless you madam if you are interested you can Contact her and ask her HOW she Helped me invest because I have earn a lot which I didn’t expect from her... Link to her profile 👇👇 👇👇 Charlotte Viktoriya

• Archie T.
    07/26/2021 12:21

It is nothing but a traitors flag to the USA and should be banned

• Fred T.
    07/26/2021 04:56

Bunch of white supremist morons

• Connor W.
    07/26/2021 02:50

The flag is fine as long it’s on private property.

• Silver J.
    07/26/2021 01:22

Time to retire this symbol of hate and put it in a museum.

• Jennifer N.
    07/26/2021 00:57

I can't believe people are surprised! People apparently do not know their true history no matter how many civil war statues of the Confederacy have been erected! So they say we will forget our history if there's statues are taken down yet they don't even know the true history even when they are standing up! 🤬

• Mel O.
    07/26/2021 00:36

The german nutzis had theirs and the American nutzis have this. Somehow, somewhere there is trump written on that flag.

• David T.
    07/26/2021 00:16

The colors of the Confederate Flag Don't Run...they Surrender.

• Ezell J.
    07/26/2021 00:11

This is Real History 🤨

• Adriana F.
    02/17/2021 05:34

It’s not freedom of speech, it’s racism.

• Justin N.
    02/06/2021 16:51

The Civil War was never just about slavery, it's main issue and catalyst was bigger federal vs bigger state government.

• Elijah A.
    02/06/2021 05:53

Proud of my confederate ancestors no matter what. History ain’t there to like or dislike. It’s there to learn from.

• Jimmie S.
    02/03/2021 13:05

F the confederate flag, y'all are losers

• Scott J.
    02/03/2021 12:24

My American confederate flag will never come down it will fly to the day I die nobody's going to take it away from me and that's a fact

• Scott J.
    02/03/2021 12:23

That is completely not true the Confederate flag is not a racist flag let's be honest just because there is some bad folks that use it as something that they think is hatred is not true