The story of Rodney King

Filmed by a bystander, the savage beating of Rodney King led to the 1992 L.A. riots. This is the story of the first "viral" video of police brutality against an African American man. ⚠️ Distressing images ⚠️

06/02/2020 12:41 PM

• Oscar L.
    2 days

Nothing has changed since that video was released. The jury found all cops not guilty of police brutality. When I first saw that video thirty years ago, I knew it was brutal to witness a human being being beaten for reasons I could not comprehend at that time. To me it clearly showed that he wasn’t resisting. To me it showed that he was trying to evade the brutal punishment that was being set upon him! All the cops were white and he was black and unarmed being pummeled with night sticks! If he were a smaller man they would have killed him!

• Adam H.
    4 days

I remember the killing of a young girl around the same time by a Korean shopkeeper, she got away with murder by a racist judge

• Dewayne M.
    09/05/2020 19:24

The cops did beat that man and that was completely wrong but why did he get pulled over for? I’m sure that it wasn’t bad enough to get beat up. It was a different time and the tension was really bad but burning down business and hurting innocent people was stupid and wrong

• Rodney R.
    09/04/2020 22:51

But regeneal Denny did nothing wrong

• Timothy J.
    09/04/2020 00:05

This is Trumps fault.

• David F.
    09/03/2020 20:46

The politicians run the police so keep voting liberal Democrats nothing will change

• Jerome N.
    09/03/2020 18:31

See nothing is new understand the sun the time is now for real change lets all together rewrite the constitution books lets change the narrative of this land lets fight for freedom an equality. For all people on earth lets Good over evil lets put a end to tyranny on earth

• Bryan Y.
    09/03/2020 18:18

The World Loves Our President 🇺🇸👑 Trump for King 👑 2024 ⚔️The perverted liberal agenda is over⚔️ 👍 👮‍♀️ 👮 God Bless Law Enforcement ! 👮 👮‍♀️

• Kerry K.
    09/02/2020 04:25

Stop the brutality.

• Chris C.
    09/02/2020 02:57

I tell you what why don't we start showing videos and percentages and numbers of how many black on white crime there is. Or since black lives matter so much why don't we show how many black on black crimes there have been in t he last 10 years. He ll I'll take the numbers of black on black crime in the last month and I guarantee that it's a hell of a lot more than white cop on black person. But I bet black on black crimes don't really matter to black people.

• Brett M.
    09/02/2020 00:22

What is it with America and idolising dangerous criminals

• Kevin C.
    09/01/2020 20:32

It sucks what happened to the man. 50 lives were lost during the riot. 50 people of all colors and backgrounds die. Rioting is not the answer if it cost innocent people lives. That's my opinion.

• Burt N.
    09/01/2020 20:07

Mr.king was founded dead in his in-ground swimming pool!!! The end.

• Tanya D.
    09/01/2020 01:41

Racism is taught if we can't stop it how can we fix it duh

• Darcy F.
    08/30/2020 01:24

Why would the media show this now?

• Brad L.
    08/28/2020 16:48

Why don’t you do a story about all the innocent babies that are murdered at the abortion clinic why don’t you do a story on all the black on black murders an innocent lives that are lost and affected what I am saying is true and the truth hurts and some people just don’t wanna hear it

• Paul B.
    08/28/2020 16:14

You put your f****** self at the bottom

• 陈丽
    08/28/2020 00:56

心狠手辣的畜生不如东西 卑鄙手段

• Jalil B.
    08/27/2020 18:36

God what's wrong that still is happening? What in god earthly name blacks did to you? You tortured them to death and still do. Shame on you nazi's and racist ignorant who call yourselves Americans and I see it because of of your leader of the cult. I hope Mr. Biden and his administration can put end to all this nonsense.

• Sara D.