This is what living while Black in America means

The clothes you wear out, whether or not to go for a run, where to travel, how to behave in public... Living while Black in America means second-guessing small, everyday decisions.

06/22/2020 4:35 PM

• Ashik U.
    02/27/2021 07:26

• Vera B.
    02/27/2021 03:20

This is just so wrong. You have the right to live like everyone else. The only change should be the police force. I'm so sorry black people have to go through this😢

• Neal A.
    02/27/2021 01:53

Black people are over represented in the commission of hate crimes. Check out the column labled 'known offenders' https://www.justice.gov/hatecrimes/hate-crime-statistics

• Keith W.
    02/26/2021 22:17

This could be me talking about how I have to navigate through the world as a black man and unfortunately, many white Americans are okay with this situation. They want us to live in fear because it makes them feel safe and remember, the cops work for them because white Americans pay the lion's share of the property taxes that fund police salaries.

• Amy B.
    02/26/2021 20:46

This is so sad we seem to be going backwards

• Alex M.
    02/26/2021 19:29

People should do alot of these things to start with...

• Aquahobbies I.
    02/26/2021 15:42

SOON, one day, in America, all of these will morphed into something like those first shots at Fort Sumter. The difference is, there will be no more Grant or Lee, as America will blow itself into pieces. And the aftermath, America will not anymore be livable for the next hundred years. E Pluribus Unum, indeed. Just ONE click of your nuclear arsenal, and ALL will be gone.

• Yvette G.
    02/26/2021 14:54

Psychological warfare that applies to Black, Brown people. People with a head-covering, whether male or female. Where I grew up, I could "blend." Once I opened my mouth and the self-perceived "superior race," heard my South Bronx accent, the looks I got, may as well have called me a cockroach. They preferred the term, "Spic." Even harder when you can't "blend." As if we should have to anyway. Same old Roman Empire mentality. Just wait until the poor "non-ethnic" get put on the "reservation," so to speak. That illusion is coming to an end swiftly, because it's now about "haves," versus "have nots."

• Neal A.
    02/26/2021 14:49

Mostly the same with white people, all people. For the most part nobody cares what color you are. racism exists, and that's also in ALL people. Zimmerman was not white anyway

• Kathleen O.
    02/26/2021 14:42

I realize that we don’t live in a free country when I married my husband who was black. They were places in this country where if we went one or both of us would be dead

• John J.
    02/26/2021 14:37

BS make sure to be polite to the cops and don't be so arrogant and combative . That's all there is to it and who goes out with out a cdl ?

• Hodi E.
    02/26/2021 14:32

Again another stupid video. Most things what are brought up like walking behind a woman at night. No matter what race you are. Don't do that.

• Amberlee C.
    02/26/2021 14:19

My daughter's father talked about these kinds of situations, where he felt watched because he was black. As a Metis person with white skin, I didn't notice or even understand...to me I didn't recognize it because I myself didn't feel like that happens in society, I was very very wrong. Racism is real and in Canada it's just as real as in the U.S. I didn't know or understand then, what I can see so plainly now. It's not enough to just say "I'm not racist" it takes effort and energy to understand you need to be anti racist and challenging your own beliefs and notions to change misconceptions. ✌️💟

• Nevin S.
    02/26/2021 13:59

Lying media- always sewing its rancid seeds of division

• Jo B.
    02/26/2021 13:59

💔🙏🙏🙏💔

• Jarvis S.
    02/26/2021 13:49

The only thing I try to do is not come off like the angry black man. Other than that I'm not going out of my way to make other people feel comfortable. F'ck'em!

• Ahmed M.
    02/26/2021 13:32

This is just inciting violence and fear. Black men and women dont fear for their lives 24/7. They dont fear for their lives as soon as they leaves their homes. Cops shoots who ever they likes but they dont do that like the medieval times.