This is what living while Black in America means

The clothes you wear out, whether or not to go for a run, where to travel, how to behave in public... Living while Black in America means second-guessing small, everyday decisions.

06/22/2020 4:35 PM

• Brenda J.
    08/17/2020 20:01

Did we ever leave the dark ages!

• Arlene G.
    08/10/2020 00:27

Wow. This is so true it hurts. The only thing I've learned about small boutiques is I go in and touch everything. I lead security all around the store. Then, I walk out without buying anything. I've been in large department stores in New York where security was so intent on watching me that they didn't notice the white people around me shoplifting.

• Charlie C.
    08/05/2020 13:59

Every one of us should keep ID on themselves! And do what you are told to do, from cops only!

• Carol B.
    07/30/2020 05:28

I’m so sorry.

• Ann V.
    07/18/2020 18:37

Incredible! How is that possible in this day and age... It makes me furious! We are all PEOPLE, no matter what color!

• Dee D.
    07/13/2020 07:47

This is so very sad. I wish it wasn't so hard to people of color, just to live their lives normally. I dislike the state of Florida, because of how I saw white people treat people of color down there. Being from up north and a military dependent I was shocked by what I saw. To me there was no reason to intimidate anyone because of their skin color. I was not raised like that, to try and hurt another human being. I hope for the day that each human being can feel safe to walk on any street in this planet.

• Bill L.
    07/09/2020 23:51

NO ONE in this country should feel this way!! WE are ALL Americans!! NOT A RACE!!!!! We are Americans! THAT is our race!

• Tre G.
    07/07/2020 13:01

If I’m waking on the street and I see a white Roman in front of me, I cross the road.

• Atal G.
    06/29/2020 06:11

That heart breaking.

• Marjorie V.
    06/26/2020 08:27

You would be no threat in Australia some American white people are insane,glad I don't live in your country,please try and stay safe

• Joseph B.
    06/25/2020 14:07

First of all most 9f this goes towards every male..and it is a law in America regardless of the state that any individual 17 and older is required to have identification at all times when in public..if a cop stops anyone it's an act of being detained and if a cop asks for Identification and you dont have it, it's called failure to identify..and they are required to take you in and identify you..

• Dave J.
    06/25/2020 14:01

Really sad. Not one of them have an appearance that they should be afraid to move in public.. but also some, such as the lady in the white t-shirt are bit exaggerated. I don't know of her experiences, but to be anxious in the cases she describes only show me that she needs help. It's sad that African Americans are educated like that. No matter the experiences one has, children need to make their own and be prejudice to white people.

• Hodi E.
    06/25/2020 08:12

I'm doing these stuff as well. Just a common thing.

• Anna M.
    06/24/2020 17:16

People are people

• Jessica R.
    06/24/2020 04:42

💔💔💔

• TheKing B.
    06/23/2020 14:45

Sure milk more drama to scare more weak minded people

• Pie S.
    06/23/2020 14:09

Vote Trump out in November to end systemic racism

• Euclides D.
    06/23/2020 14:04

And think: this are famous people, imagine how is a regular Black american's day.

• Ria M.