This is what living while Black in America means

The clothes you wear out, whether or not to go for a run, where to travel, how to behave in public... Living while Black in America means second-guessing small, everyday decisions.

06/22/2020 4:35 PM

• Vera B.
    02/27/2021 03:20

This is just so wrong. You have the right to live like everyone else. The only change should be the police force. I'm so sorry black people have to go through this😢

• Neal A.
    02/27/2021 01:53

Black people are over represented in the commission of hate crimes. Check out the column labled 'known offenders' https://www.justice.gov/hatecrimes/hate-crime-statistics

• Keith W.
    02/26/2021 22:17

This could be me talking about how I have to navigate through the world as a black man and unfortunately, many white Americans are okay with this situation. They want us to live in fear because it makes them feel safe and remember, the cops work for them because white Americans pay the lion's share of the property taxes that fund police salaries.

• Amy B.
    02/26/2021 20:46

This is so sad we seem to be going backwards

• Alex M.
    02/26/2021 19:29

People should do alot of these things to start with...

• Aquahobbies I.
    02/26/2021 15:42

SOON, one day, in America, all of these will morphed into something like those first shots at Fort Sumter. The difference is, there will be no more Grant or Lee, as America will blow itself into pieces. And the aftermath, America will not anymore be livable for the next hundred years. E Pluribus Unum, indeed. Just ONE click of your nuclear arsenal, and ALL will be gone.

• Neal A.
    02/26/2021 14:49

Mostly the same with white people, all people. For the most part nobody cares what color you are. racism exists, and that's also in ALL people. Zimmerman was not white anyway

• John J.
    02/26/2021 14:37

BS make sure to be polite to the cops and don't be so arrogant and combative . That's all there is to it and who goes out with out a cdl ?

• Amberlee C.
    02/26/2021 14:19

My daughter's father talked about these kinds of situations, where he felt watched because he was black. As a Metis person with white skin, I didn't notice or even understand...to me I didn't recognize it because I myself didn't feel like that happens in society, I was very very wrong. Racism is real and in Canada it's just as real as in the U.S. I didn't know or understand then, what I can see so plainly now. It's not enough to just say "I'm not racist" it takes effort and energy to understand you need to be anti racist and challenging your own beliefs and notions to change misconceptions. ✌️💟

• Nevin S.
    02/26/2021 13:59

Lying media- always sewing its rancid seeds of division

• Jarvis S.
    02/26/2021 13:49

The only thing I try to do is not come off like the angry black man. Other than that I'm not going out of my way to make other people feel comfortable. F'ck'em!

• Ahmed M.
    02/26/2021 13:32

This is just inciting violence and fear. Black men and women dont fear for their lives 24/7. They dont fear for their lives as soon as they leaves their homes. Cops shoots who ever they likes but they dont do that like the medieval times.

• Angélique C.
    11/20/2020 19:34

Its so sad. One day hopefully things will change. Lots of love from one human being to another.

• Sonam R.
    09/22/2020 04:37

Ugh this is so sad to see in 2020 America’ like wtf is going on!!

• Craig N.
    09/11/2020 03:13

Try being an old white male, walking though a black community, you won't, its too dangerous.....

• Khartonia P.
    09/10/2020 14:52

I live here in Florida and it's racist here.

• Brahim A.
    09/09/2020 05:58

Colour doesn't make difference and we are all brothers in humanity

• Joyce L.
    09/08/2020 16:52

I must be living on another planet from earth because I thought slavery had ended and people could freely go about the business OMG I’m glad I don’t live in a country that suppress or stifle my existence!

• Q S.
    09/08/2020 14:28

That this is a norm for our brothers & sisters of color, STILL, makes me angry & sad. Glad they shared their experiences, upset & angry that they are still having them. We need education & integration so we can all move forward, as one nation.