War against unrealistic body image

Many countries are fighting a new war: the one against unrealistic body image! Weaponry? Laws banning models “too thin” from catwalks and labels on photoshopped images.

09/19/2017 7:00 PM

• Maria B.
    09/19/2018 16:13

The baseline of the whole video was to show that women below size 0 (-) shouldn't be modeling and promoting unhealthy body images to youths and women who do buy those fashion products. Slender and small is appropriate and beautiful, but can be extremely dangerous if eating habits are extreme. If you see the outlines of ribs and many other skeletal features at once, she's probably not healthy. Although many do get by at 0 but lower then 0 is a red flag for her and to many. I'm opposite. I'm little chubby but yet again modeling isn't for me. The average woman is between 4 ft 10 - 6 ft. Weight given your curves should never be below 70lbs in any circumstance (which is the equivalent to picking up a 8-10 yr child.) The body is literally eating itself to sustain itself to support the skeletal structure and internal organs and brain functions at that point. No girl between the ages of 14-18 and (women) up should be less then 80lbs.

• Cindy T.
    09/19/2018 14:52

I support this.

• Josh A.
    09/19/2018 05:35

Skinny is not attractive at all it makes you look sickly and malnourished. FYI

• Ziah A.
    09/19/2018 03:10

SKINNY MODELS EATS VERY2 LITTLE AMOUNT OF FOOD. .THEY WERE STARVING TO DEATH. . .YOU WILL GET SICK IF YOU STARVED AND SOME PASSED THEIR MEALS. . .

• Talia F.
    09/19/2018 02:47

So wait, not healthier looking models. Just basically a doctor's note? Well, ads will come with photoshop warnings? I guess it is a step in the right direction. I just am having mixed feelings about it. Can't it be a bit more?

• Natalie L.
    09/18/2018 03:00

I know this is a serious problem all over the world but please understand body shaming is not just people teasing thicker or larger people. Some people are being judged teased and ridiculed because they are just naturally very thin. We need to be kind to each other.

• Christina M.
    09/17/2018 20:50

What happens to us. Ya know the ones are naturally skinny the people I work for don't care about my weight and second of all I workout I am a healthy but I'm still considered underweight should I stop modeling because people are offended of my weight?

• Aziel W.
    09/17/2018 19:55

But I'm a size zero and eat like a horse ....

• Antonio B.
    09/17/2018 13:28

They all look sick and disgusting

• Mateo H.
    09/17/2018 11:20

Just remember, we made this skinny thing illegal in Europe - it's America that need to wake up

• Kam B.
    09/17/2018 02:06

I get there wanting to encourage body positivity but not letting women of the size of 0 or 00 to model is a step in the wrong direction in my opinion

• Belinda R.
    09/16/2018 22:46

TWIBGGIE ALREADY WENT THREW THAT FASE .JUST AFTER THE HIPPIE STAGE.

• Jaydah C.
    09/16/2018 18:22

We're trying to fight for body positivity, yet blocking out woman for being too skinny. Isn't that hypocritical

• Jeanette M.
    09/16/2018 17:39

So wtf so wrong

• Robert W.
    09/16/2018 12:14

Doesnt look like they like any of that by the looks on their faces.

• Cristina Ţ.
    09/16/2018 10:42

The models shouldn't be banned, people and companies should be banned for asking models to lose the weight

• Lina M.
    09/16/2018 01:52

Good , they are ugly when so skinny .

• Steven A.
    09/15/2018 18:14

If all of these girls have that body....why is it unrealistic? Looks pretty realistic.

• Barbara W.
    09/15/2018 12:30

There is nothing attractive about a war prisoner look of these , models !

• Eshy G.