Dear Prime Minister, End Female Circumcision In India

Thousands of girls from the Dawoodi Bohra community have the hood of their clitoris cut off every year in India. Jumana Shah appeals to the Prime Minister to make the practice—a human rights violation—illegal in the country.

10/03/2021 9:43 AM
  • 709.7K

• Neha K.
    12/04/2021 20:44

🙏

• Reet G.
    12/04/2021 06:17

End male and female circumcision

• M M.
    12/04/2021 00:44

Inspite of being highly educated we follow certain practices as we r conditioned to follow them because it's a tradition!!

• Saheb A.
    11/04/2021 22:25

Well it's a tradition in some sects, it's not an Islamic law on women. It's practiced in a Dawoodi Bohra community at large and Africa.

• Debatri R.
    11/04/2021 17:24

This practice needs to be stoped legally first. Kudos to her for bringing this topic to light

• Rahel T.
    11/04/2021 17:20

I have heard about it but I didn't knew that it is practiced in India also untill I saw this video . Eww such practices should be completed removed ..

• Shirsho G.
    11/04/2021 15:43

And the moment PM will do something, the streets of Delhi will be flooded with protesters- liberals, seculars, farmers, refugees all will come and protest against it. Still I'd appeal to Modiji and Govt and whosoever the appropriate authority , please look into this and stop it

• Vinnee V.
    11/04/2021 14:35

This is going around the world if you want to bring a change start from your family specially it's done under a certain religion so you need to explain them that there are no medical benefits

• Pusparani P.
    11/04/2021 09:00

Well said ,Let's fight 4 human rights.

• Gayatri D.
    09/04/2021 03:08

I heard about this practice in Africa I didn’t know it also in India please people be smart wise and stop this nonsense have mercy on these girls

• Amitha A.
    08/04/2021 10:15

And what about the result of the video. .....what has the ministers done??

• Pri Y.
    08/04/2021 06:34

Stop it now.😡🤬😡😡😡😡😡🤬🤬🤬

• Indra D.
    08/04/2021 02:22

My god wat a terrible situation to put young girls true this needs to stop.

• Sonali S.
    08/04/2021 01:23

This is against nature and humanity.

• M A.
    08/04/2021 00:20

Here I have seen some people raising questions and mocking religious ritual of circumcisions in male which is done by Muslims, Jews and some African People. So I want to explain that circumcision in male has alot of medical benefits, an American medical research center 'Mayo Clinic' has published a complete report on it. Here's the link so you can see it by your own. https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/circumcision/about/pac-20393550

• Rita B.
    08/04/2021 00:11

I am happy to hear that you have the mind to come out and talk about your pain of the removal of your clitoris and many others girl of India ...

• Rita B.
    08/04/2021 00:08

I pray your dreams come true and your wish to stop that practice on your woman hood let your voice be heard God is great always 🙏🙏🙏🙏 ...

• Sonia R.
    07/04/2021 22:55

very sad ..but any issue which will be taken care by govt( central or state) it will be first criticized under the microscopic view of RELIGIOUS ..and everything ends there.. thats the saddest truth part of our country when it comes to make some rule and then law😒

• Veronica H.
    07/04/2021 22:34

unbeleivable in this age phew

• Ruchi C.
    07/04/2021 22:28

Kudos to the and Jumana Sha for sharing her story. This indeed is inhuman and should be condemned through strict implementation. But I am sure our political parties are busy creating hatred and other crazy issues around..