The Navajo Nation is being ravaged by Covid-19

"We’re looked over." These Native Americans are sounding the alarm about the spread of Covid-19 in the Navajo Nation, the territory with the highest per capita rate of infection in the United States.

05/23/2020 2:00 PMupdated: 05/25/2020 10:32 AM

• William I.
    06/23/2020 05:06

This might have something to do with the relationship between the federal government and the various native American communities and reservations. Part of the issue is the communication lag between these communities their reservation authority and the Beuro of Indian Affairs. I'm not excusing it, and certainly I don't minimize the impact of this pathogen. It might be possible to literally quarantine the reservations, keeping everyone from coming and going. The federal government could bring food, water, and various forms of logistical support as well as medical care until the pathogen disappeared. That's just a thought. But definitely, the federal government must put these people on their radar so to speak, and bring an answer or proper response to the current situation.

• Jo-Ann S.
    06/09/2020 07:40

I just have to say what truely beautiful people you are.

• Vera L.
    05/28/2020 22:32

Prayers are going up for your NATION please stay safe because 45 could care less vote him out

• Joseph A.
    05/26/2020 10:32

You need to talk to your leaders Indians in Bakersfield mountains are doing okay , stand up to your representatives

• Sharóñ D.
    05/26/2020 06:35

I am a Native American (Diné) coming from Windowrock AZ. I have seen first hand on the condition my family and people are going through. My mom bless her heart tells me about how there's not enough stores to provide enough supplies for everyone. Our elders need our help. They carry the knowledge of our traditional ways in which we still live by. So yes it is important to us and our family to get help and get support. Everyone and everything have been affected in every way you can think of. The only thing I can honestly say that helping me get through this is appreciating what I have which is my family. I personally speak on myself and how I feel. Ahéhee'🙌🏼

• Marvin T.
    05/26/2020 06:24

THIS IS AMERICA / I CARE 🤔🤔🤔

• Vivienne W.
    05/26/2020 03:40

I am so sorry this happens to you. Hope it gets better. Chin up

• Jo U.
    05/26/2020 00:36

• Tong S.
    05/26/2020 00:12

So sad to hear this. Prayers🙏🙏🙏

• Nancy W.
    05/25/2020 23:49

😥

• Shelly R.
    05/25/2020 18:06

Why does this surprise anyone? America has never done right by these people. It's one of our biggest failures. These poor people have GOT to stop being dependent. Continuing to hope America will take care of them is going to wipe them out😞

• Patricia A.
    05/25/2020 17:33

I AM SENDING A PRAYER FOR MY HEART. PLEASE HURRY WITH AN ANSWER. GIVING THANKS AND PRAISES IN ADVANCE. PEACE ONE LOVE ONE HEART. AMEN.

• Patricia A.
    05/25/2020 17:30

THIS IS SO SAD OH GREAT AMERICAN SPIRIT WHOSE VOICE I HEAR IN THE WIND. PLEASE SEND A HELPING HAND TO THE NAVAJO RESERVATION. MY HEART IS SICK AND TIRED ON THIS MEMORIAL DAY. LIBERTY AND KARMA JUSTICE FOR ALL. I TRUST YOU BIG INDIAN CHIEF. HEART OF MOTHER EARTH. AND HEART SAME WORD.

• Julio J.
    05/25/2020 17:06

He has a point. I’m gonna listen

• Peter A.
    05/25/2020 16:33

you live in the desert and you wonder where the water, crops, shopping and hospitals are ? Perhaps you can figure that they are not coming to you. Move closer to them.

• Diana C.
    05/25/2020 15:33

Sad ! Build a golf course and HE will come !

• Fidel G.
    05/25/2020 15:25

They asked for supplies and got bodybags instead https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/native-american-health-center-asked-covid-19-supplies-they-got-n1200246

• Patricia B.
    05/25/2020 15:19

😢

• Axel B.
    05/25/2020 15:06

Typical y sad, good luck y hope you get the care and awareness you need!!

• Wandulyn C.
    05/25/2020 14:54

But we sent ventilators and supplies to Russia.