Amanda Stuck is Running For People Like Her

At 19, she became a single mother while going to college — and working two jobs. Now, Amanda Stuck is seeking election in Wisconsin to unseat a GOP Congressman and fight for working families like her own.

Appleton Democrat wants to provide veterans benefits to Hmong and Laotian refugees that helped with the U.S. war effort in Vietnam.

State Rep. Amanda Stuck never thought she would run for office. After 3 terms in the Wisconsin State Assembly she’s running to represent Wisconsin's 8th Congressional district. The federal government's role became crystal clear to her when she struggled to make ends meet. While the world focuses on the 2020 presidential race, hundreds are running in down ballot races.

“My parents were young and poor when they had me, were not involved in politics at all whatsoever. When I was 10, I saw Bill Clinton speak, though. A family friend took me to see him speak when he was first running, and he came to Wisconsin. And at 10, I started writing at school about how I wanted to be Bill Clinton when I grew up, because I was so impressed with how people would sit there in this miserable, wet ray, or this farm field to see Bill Clinton because they thought that he could make their life better. And so, that's when I fell in love with politics. I always thought I'd be more like a staffer, policy person, never thought I would actually be the one to run,” the politician tells Brut.

Stuck and her husband are raising four children in Appleton. The Green Bay Press Gazette reports she recently joined other Democrats in speaking out against the state’s deal with Foxconn Technology Group to build a new display panel plant in southeastern Wisconsin. Rep. Amanda Stuck is working on a bill to make Wisconsin the first state in the country to offer them. She says the veterans fought in battles, collected intelligence, and rescued downed pilots. The state veterans’ benefits would include education credits, and certain burial rites. Stuck isn’t sure how many would be eligible for the benefits in Wisconsin.

Brut.

10/26/2019 2:01 PM
  • 69.3k

• David S.
    a day

Lol, what a joke.

• Andrew C.
    a day

ya sorry your heart be in the right place but your policies and ideas of how the government should work go in contrast to the very ideals of how our country was founded...self government was our foundation and you are clearly wanting less small government and more big government, so thanks but no thanks

• Donald N.
    a day

Why didn't you have a condom or use birth control, then you wouldn't of struggled as much

• Richard F.
    2 days

I ONLY VOTE FOE REPUBLICAN, I DON'T TRUST DEMOCRATS .

• Amber J.
    3 days

Never vote for anyone who supports "welfare for all."

• Teddy M.
    6 days

So many unqualified people running for office in this country. What will she when she comes up against hard decisions and facts cry and be another victim. Don't fall for a communist indoctrinated young fool democrat.

• Roger C.
    6 days

There are no useful democrats left on this planet.

• James F.
    7 days

you suck, give it up.

• Mike D.
    7 days

She sounds like she wants the working mans money and doesn’t have a clue about a dairy operation of any size

• Anthony E.
    11/15/2019 21:47

One of the issues she nailed on the head was the farmers. Dairy farms are failing or barely breaking even while the big dairies make profits like crazy. And the tariffs on China that Trump signed off on, I can see a lot of farms (for example, soybean farms that rely heavily on China for exports) that are already failing or will soon

• Meredith P.
    11/15/2019 04:16

I’m a single mom working 7 days a week just to survive without any help from the government and right now money is being taken from me by force of government to give to women like her so she can get an education, run for office and continue to take money from me and mine so she can say she’s helping people. What she really is, is a thief with no regard for the families she’s stealing from

• Peyer W.
    11/14/2019 22:33

Bill Clinton is her political hero. So as a women, she stands with rapey Bill Clinton.

• Peyer W.
    11/14/2019 22:30

Yeah, just what they need. Another promise the world democrat who will do nothing but enrich their own bank account. Then you'll see her every four years telling you how hard she works for you just in time to vote for her again.

• James B.
    11/14/2019 17:05

How are you doing it all yourself when it sounds to me the gov paid for your food and healthcare

• Scott C.
    11/13/2019 12:00

Another Democrat idiot, make mistakes and wants everybody else to pay for it. That's great to get an education, but your debt is yours, not mine. Dairy farms are down because sales are down. Has nothing to do with trade wars. I've actually been to China, milk is not easy to find, because they don't drink it or use it that much. The increase market of alternatives like almond and soy milk are what is hurting the dairy farms.

• Brendan S.
    11/11/2019 15:30

Looked her up. She's a baby-murdering Democrat.

• Frank E.
    11/11/2019 14:30

What in the hell is wrong with you people in Wisconsin? You want a Clinton loving communist to represent you? You deserve what you get if you do

• Bobby K.
    11/10/2019 02:41

Typical democrat that make promises they will never keep once in office its all a power trip

• Joshua S.
    11/10/2019 00:55

Another liberal

• Greg H.
    11/09/2019 01:04

Evidently she has no dirt on the Clintons!